front rim removal

babyebusa

Registered
Hey I've got the beast striped down except for the front rim and tire. I am trying my best to figure out how the rim comes off the bike. I have the four bolts pulled off the lower forks and I have a huge allen in the front axle but when I turn the allen all that happens is that the front axle just spins freely inside the front tire. I called one of the local shops and they told me that the front axle was scewed in and just to take the allen and unscrew the front axle the release the front rim and tire. The only thing thats happening is the front axle is turning inside the front tire what the hell??? I'm about ready to get a bigger hammer here so give me your thoughts on the matter thanks in advance

Whoa settle down, put the two lower bolts back in the right side fork(as you are looking at the bike from the front) and tighten them back down. Now you can loosen the axle bolt from the left side. Check you owner's manual, it will tell you to to do it as well.

Here is what the Service manual shows.

FrontWheelRemoval.jpg

I did the same damn thing! Then I went and grabbed the owners manual and read the part that says do not loosen the left side pinch bolts. Makes life easier to read the manual first!

now <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'></span>THAT <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'></span>is what
these boards are BRILLIANT for ! ! !

copies of pages etc. even when dealers are shut......
thumbs-up.gif

....well, THAT, and, telling which SIZE mallet to wack it with !!
muscle.gif

<!--EDIT|XXX-Large
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078386589 -->

Back