Frame Swap And New Harness Now Bike Won't Start

Edward Smith

Registered
I need help!!! I just swapped a gen 1(2006) race frame over to a titled frame this week. Wires were cut under the tank around the spark plug are, which I am told was most likely done for air shifter.
Instead of playing around with that harness I bought a new harness and now that the bike is back together it won't start. Anything that I need to be checking??? Please help... Thanks in advance.

You could have a handle bar switch compatibility problem

Need pics of your handle bar housings, and the plug ends, yellow and black molex ends

Was just asking. Not all gen 1 electrical systems are the same. Do you have power to the ignition? Do your gauges do anything? Do you hear the fuel pump prime? Or will it just not start? We need a better idea of you problem in order to help you.

What GIXERHP was referring to is there are some handlebar housings, although they will plug up, that are not compatible with some wiring harnesses. He can tell by looking at the housings and the plugs if that's the case.

Ok thanks and yes they are they same years tho. Everything works and pump primes it's just not starting up. I will get pictures when I get home tonight.

Ok got the bike started guys but now I have another problem. Injector 2 not wet and possibly no ignition. This bike had an air shifter on it before I got it that the previous owner took off before sale.

Ok got the bike started guys but now I have another problem. Injector 2 not wet and possibly no ignition. This bike had an air shifter on it before I got it that the previous owner took off before sale.
Just make sure that the 2 wires going to the injector have good continuity

Back