Food For Thought

Is the Hayabusa really considered a super bike? I thought it was classified as a sport touring bike.

Is the Hayabusa really considered a super bike? I thought it was classified as a sport touring bike.
Nah , super/super sport are often viewed as the same in some parts of the world. If the zx14 can be classed as a "superbike" the companies that make calendars why not the busa ?.

Its not a super bike or sport tour rather a unlimited category / Hyper bike . The bird is long in the tooth , and only we love her . I feel even many hayabusa owners are looking elsewhere . I'm quiet happy with my Bird as she's built to suit my needs . There are sites that make calender's
with pictures you provide/upload .

I hope , I'm correct to say that based on the information that I got. Hayabusa is a a sport bike motorcycle since 1999 produce by Suzuki company. It is a very good bike according to riders

I consider it to be (the) uber sports touring motorcycle. Hump off, seat on, seatbag on the seat, tank bag (see) avatar. Done everything I've asked it to do for the past eleven years (next month) thru eleven states in all weathers and elevations. I've owned other bikes since 06 so I have only 65,000 on it so far. Tires, brake pads, chains and fluids are all I've ever had to buy. Not one repair, ever. It's still good looking too!:thumbsup:

image.jpeg

Every year a new super bike calender yet not one has ever featured the Hayabusa. Really?

Because the Busa is "Old News" to the majority of the motorcycle community..... It doesn't have a supercharger, or Carbon fiber, or lightweight, or TFT screen, or any rider aids to keep the masses oooohing and awwwwing

To those who know she is what she is..... And that's good enough to keep most in the rear view mirror

Chevron is closest to my home and then Shell for my bikes and my supercharged Caddy unless I'm on tour and run into various other brands. Never had a bad fuel problem and maybe twice a year I run a little Seafoam thru them. I use mid grade 89 octane in my bikes and 91 or better in the Caddy.

Chevron is closest to my home and then Shell for my bikes and my supercharged Caddy unless I'm on tour and run into various other brands. Never had a bad fuel problem and maybe twice a year I run a little Seafoam thru them. I use mid grade 89 octane in my bikes and 91 or better in the Caddy.
I tend to run hi octane (95/98)fuel Here. Mainly from Mobil or Z (formally Shell),it's usually clean and water free. If they water test their tanks often then it's good. Caltex is crap and would use only in my lawnmower or boat.BP's so so when they keep thier price down and more competitive, we require our fuels here to have at least 10%biofuel additives in it and some bikes won't run with it.

91 is tops out here with an occasional 93 pump to be found. There is one 76 station in town that sells race gas for nearly eight bucks a gallon but nothing I have is tuned for that octane.

91 is tops out here with an occasional 93 pump to be found. There is one 76 station in town that sells race gas for nearly eight bucks a gallon but nothing I have is tuned for that octane.
Yeah . I saw
Yeah I saw your fuel types and prices,real cheap compared to ours. 1 litre equal 4.5 gallons. We pay around $2 a litre. We have 4 octane levels 91/95/96/98 bikes like ours are recommended to use 96 or 98 as a lower octane can cause ponging and misfiring.

Yeah . I saw
Yeah I saw your fuel types and prices,real cheap compared to ours. 1 litre equal 4.5 gallons. We pay around $2 a litre. We have 4 octane levels 91/95/96/98 bikes like ours are recommended to use 96 or 98 as a lower octane can cause ponging and misfiring.
Pinging

91 is tops out here with an occasional 93 pump to be found.

There is one 76 station in town that sells race gas for nearly eight bucks a gallon but nothing I have is tuned for that octane.

We got a 76 with E 85 & race fuel ~ in Perris off the 215 & Cajalco . . .

joe15.jpg

Perris eh? I lived in Hemet for a couple years in the early 60s whenever I was a kid. Too hot! The pump up here has a statement on it that it's NOT Union 76 fuel even though it's from a pump at their gas station.o_O

Perris eh?

I lived in Hemet for a couple years in the early 60's whenever I was a kid.

Too hot !

The pump up here has a statement on it that it's NOT Union 76 fuel
even though it's from a pump at their gas station .

o_O

Sometimes we have to ride thru Hemet after stopping in Idyllwild at the Red Kettle ~ It's much worse now & I would rather ride south thru Temecula . . .

Red%20Kettle_zpsn1ih21j6.jpg

Man, it's been so long since I was there. I have fond memories of a cabin we used in Idylwild during the winter. Beautiful. I remember the San Jacinto River being long and wide and dry as a bone. Lived in the west side of Hemet and east in the Valle Vista? area on the way to Idylwild. Saw the outdoor Ramona play once. They still doing that? Saw the Chantays and the Beach Boys at the National Guard armory in Hemet in late 62. Ha, I just remembered, I had a girlfriend named Wanda Wallace...from Winchester. Got out on the CBX today, 250 miles or so. Was a crisp 56 and sunny.

Back