Foam cleaner for Throttle bodies

LGBUSA

Registered
Forgive me if this is a redundant post. I have the airbox off and was wonderinfg if you guys use a foam cleaner in the intakes similiar to what they use on ls1 motors etc.. :beerchug:

What brand foam cleaner? That's a new one on me. I use carb cleaner and a rag. Clean it out good, it'll be hard to refire since the carb cleaner will cause it to act flooded at first.

I looked in My Suzuki manual, Clymer manual and Haynes manual and they all instruct to remove the throttle bodies and spray them with a spray type carburetor (there's a word I haven't typed in a while) cleaner.
Then blow them out with compressed air and re-install.
No-one instructed to do anything to them when on the bike.

I used to be big in LS1 Derived motors in which the throttle body was mounted bertically infront of the composite tunnel ram type manifold. GM sold a seafoam cleaner you would spray in as the motor was running. I havnt see such a thing for the Busa set up so Im assuming its noit a good idea. I will stick to removing them and using a carb cleaner.

Thanks guys:beerchug:

I used to be big in LS1 Derived motors in which the throttle body was mounted bertically infront of the composite tunnel ram type manifold. GM sold a seafoam cleaner you would spray in as the motor was running. I havnt see such a thing for the Busa set up so Im assuming its noit a good idea. I will stick to removing them and using a carb cleaner.

Thanks guys:beerchug:
That stuff didn't impress me one little bit either. The dealer I worked in used it for awhile, it took so long to run the kit through that we just quit upselling it.

I like contact cleaner..by Maxima..cleans with zero residue..clean out the vacum lines as well. :beerchug:

Back
Top Bottom