Flash to pass!

thebbbusa

Donating Member
Registered
I know that the newer bikes have the 'flash to pass' and 'hazard' light feature.  My question is can I simply get the left switch assembly from a bike that has that feature and plug it in, or is there more of a difference in the brain somewhere?

I think the connectors are the same, but I am not sure.  Anybody got a clue?  Here's a pic of one that I am looking at.

36_1.JPG

What would happen if I took that switch off and swapped it with mine?

<!--EDIT|thebbbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144367010 -->

I'd be just as interested in the hazard switch. Same question as you.

--Wag--

Hopefully someone knows. ...and I got dibs on the one with this picture on Ebay. I would have to have a bidding war with someone here. Also, any dealers out there, can you order this part? How much? Thx.

Yeah, no kidding. The truth is, I probably won't try to put the time into it anyway so you won't get any competition from me!

--Wag--

even if it's not PNP....it's a real easy mod for the F2P.

DL the E-Manual and read the wiring diagram.

The hazzards should be the same tho....wasn't aware they changed that.
rock.gif

even if it's not PNP....it's a real easy mod for the F2P.

DL the E-Manual and read the wiring diagram.

The hazzards should be the same tho....wasn't aware they changed that.      
rock.gif
Doesn't sound hard. All you need to do is find the right wires, run them, add a momentary switch, then make it look like factory. Sure, it's not that hard I guess.

....but I'd sure like it to be PNP. Call me a lazya$$.

All the flash to pass does 4 me is make people look in their mirrors and slow down here in San Diego.  We have a real problem with people getting over in the left hand lane and cruising like it's sunday afternoon!  Nobody has even heard of getting over to the right so a faster vehicle can pass on the right hand side.  It doesn't seem to be as effective as Lamb thought:(

Should be Plug N Play, so long as your bike isn't older than about 2002 I think. The assembly shouldn't be too expensive at the dealer but it won't be cheap either.

Sorry to be dumb on this topic, but how does one engage the hazards with this setup? Do you push the turn signal button IN or something?

I'm still getting used to the choke being on the handlebars- My Katana had it inside the faring on the left..

BUSAFETT

Sorry to be dumb on this topic, but how does one engage the hazards with this setup?  Do you push the turn signal button IN or something?

I'm still getting used to the choke being on the handlebars- My Katana had it inside the faring on the left..

BUSAFETT
no the hazards are on the other handle bar, just above the starter button, its a simple switch.

<!--EDIT|SPEEDEMON
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144444760 -->

I don't think too many here in the U.S. know what flash to pass is so when you flash em they will probably look in their mirror and slow down as Lamb busa pointed out.

All the flash to pass does 4 me is make people look in their mirrors and slow down here in San Diego.  We have a real problem with people getting over in the left hand lane and cruising like it's sunday afternoon!  Nobody has even heard of getting over to the right so a faster vehicle can pass on the right hand side.  It doesn't seem to be as effective as Lamb thought:(
lamb also likes to take his frustration on those people by twisting their passenger side rear view mirror while passing them.
devil.gif
biggrin.gif

Back