Flash or Not

If you use it properly, nitrous is no different than any other way of getting more oxygen into the cylinder to support the ability to burn more fuel. There is no harmful chemical or byproduct produced. It is more oxygen and more fuel to create a bigger combustion event. Of course it will accelerate wear and the associated performance loss, but so will running full throttle vs running half throttle. I didn't buy a Busa to run half throttle! You gotta pay to play, whatever game you play. I made over 4000 passes at the track, many with 44 hp of nitrous, on my stock motor. Eventually the rings gave out but the bearings were fine. It just slowed down about a tenth and a half but it ran fine. Maybe it would have made more passes if I hadn't run nitrous, but really ... I can't complain.

I have the Woolich system and use it to tune my 1441 on motor and nitrous. Last year I sprayed 80 hp on Shell 93 octane pump gas so I'd say the tune was ok. This year I increased the compression ratio and my engine builder said there was no sign of detonation.

If you use it properly, nitrous is no different than any other way of getting more oxygen into the cylinder to support the ability to burn more fuel. There is no harmful chemical or byproduct produced. It is more oxygen and more fuel to create a bigger combustion event. Of course it will accelerate wear and the associated performance loss, but so will running full throttle vs running half throttle. I didn't buy a Busa to run half throttle! You gotta pay to play, whatever game you play. I made over 4000 passes at the track, many with 44 hp of nitrous, on my stock motor. Eventually the rings gave out but the bearings were fine. It just slowed down about a tenth and a half but it ran fine. Maybe it would have made more passes if I hadn't run nitrous, but really ... I can't complain.

I have the Woolich system and use it to tune my 1441 on motor and nitrous. Last year I sprayed 80 hp on Shell 93 octane pump gas so I'd say the tune was ok. This year I increased the compression ratio and my engine builder said there was no sign of detonation.
jesus ... 4000 passes........... and ure dead on correct about running half throttle versus full throttle... holding a busa wide open for 5 miles puts some heavy strain on it... no doubt.. Look at this H2 exploding during a topend run.. thank god our busas stay together :)

jesus ... 4000 passes........... and ure dead on correct about running half throttle versus full throttle... holding a busa wide open for 5 miles puts some heavy strain on it... no doubt.. Look at this H2 exploding during a topend run.. thank god our busas stay together :)
Stock stuff is pretty bulletproof but there are plenty of built Busas that come apart. The H2 is pushing the components harder than a stock Busa so to be fair we can't really say too much about one of them coming apart. It sure drives home the point about running them hard (in any manner) shortens their life.

the stuff we go through to be fast.... to be honest the built bikes usually are ridden to the limit pretty often... its crazy how there is a general concensus about how much power stock rods can handle (for turbo applications anyway).. I wonder how they know this :(

but ure right... riding style can dictate a bike that goes 150 K miles... and one that chews itself up in 50K.....nitrous or not.

Exactly. My bike had about 6800 on the odometer when the motor came out. Maybe 1000 of that was on the street (mostly break-in miles). I expect it to be out again before it turns 10,000. I have a theory that RPM is what kills rods but most high hp motors turn more RPM's. I should be around that magical 300 hp mark w/nitrous on my stock rods but my autoshift remains set at 10,800.

I love spray... but at the level you are playing at.. it gets to be a lot of work and money... but I guess to be really fast... its ALL expensive...

Back