Five Day 2200 Mile Trip Last Week

Samaki

Registered
Just got back from a five day, 2200 mile trip from SW Missouri into KY, TN, NC and VA. The ride included US129 (The Tail of the Dragon) in North Carolina, US16 (The Back of the Dragon) in Virginia, US421 (The Snake) in East Tennessee and many other tight twisty roads in between. The Busa took everything I could give it without even breathing hard. If a bike could speak it would have been saying "Is that all you've got?". All the while delivering 44.0 to 50.4 mpg. I initially bought and modded this Busa thinking I would use it for a year or two and then go back to another VFR. After this trip, seeing all that this bike could do and how comfortably it could do it, I am thinking "why would I do that?" The Hayabusa is an awesome machine, and it is here to stay.

P1190980_zpsa5f3a78b.jpg

P1190983_zpsd0646c7a.jpg

Wish I was on that side of the country . Gotta wait till retire in 3 years then I'll come

I did a similar trip a few weeks ago and I wouldnt consider a Viffer over a busa. I certainly would not with almost 80 pounds less than stock and a few other goodies to boot.

I have Heli bars and risers so it is almost bearable compared to a Viffer.

Here is a shot of mine at the the snake with the luggage on.

20140817_115531.jpg

bb

I did a similar trip a few weeks ago and I wouldnt consider a Viffer over a busa. I certainly would not with almost 80 pounds less than stock and a few other goodies to boot.

bb

Looks like your bike is at least part VFR. I like the single sided swingarm.

that's a much better way to spend five days than going to work :beerchug:

Yeah, I rode my buddy's 2004 VFR (like the one in the pictures above) from Indianapolis, IN to Williamsburg, KY about two months ago. After riding about 25 miles, I was already wishing that I was on my busa. IMO, the VFR doesn't even sound as good as a busa.

Back