First REAL ride

winger40

Registered
Just got back from my first "real" ride. Took off this morning with a friend on his K1200RSA. That's sure a heavy bike for an ST, but it corners like it was on rails. Anyway,,I'm getting away from the good Busa stuff. 345 miles on odo when we left and 598 when we returned. We hit some back roads I'd never been on before,,,,,just full of twisties; long curves; short straights, and up-down-sloped corners.
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
WOW!!! Being new to the Busa, my confidence level wasn't real high, but I just kept my eyes on the back of his bike (and the road) and we wound up taking 40-50mph curves at 80-90. Unbelievable....It didn't seem that we were going anywhere near that fast, and I had to throttle back to keep from running up his exhaust. The Busa just kept pullling me through every turn. It didn't even seem that we leaned that much either. I almost lost it on a right turn that really was tight but managed to keep it in the on-coming lane and not go down (Whew). Started slowing down a bit after that. But WOW< WOW< WOW!!! Enough to give an old man a woodie. LOL... What a fantastic adrenaline rush....Can't wait for the next time

wow.gif

wow.gif

I can only compare it to flying helicopters. Yankin' and bankin' at 120knots off the treetops is the $hit! And now just ridin' the 'Busa is the $hit!

..yeah, that feeling gets to me every time I take her out.. ..it's pure adrenaline during and BEFORE the ride (not to mention after..
smile.gif
)

Only thing two days ago I pushed too hard, and now ALL MY BONES HURT from the abrupt drag-strips & stoppies.. ..very funny, she is still purrring willingly and I 'm feeling like a sack with potatoes..

Sounds like you had a great time....any pics to share?
rock.gif

Dan

Back