First Pic ! new ZX-14 2012 !

Two points.

1. I don't see why everyone keeps saying the pictured ZX14 looks like the ZX-10R. To me the styling is clearly influenced by the 2002 ZX-12R.
2002 Kawasaki ZX-12R: MD Ride Review – Part Two « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews

2. It doesn't really matter as at least according to the Kawi insiders, the picture is a fake and the real 2012 bike doesn't look like it. Which to me is a shame because I really like how the pictured bike looks.

Looks like some headlight/fairing changes + they stroked the motor 4mm =1440cc. Will it retain the closed deck cylinder design? I'm guessing that's a yes.

ZX-14R Teaser - Ultimate - YouTube[/url]

A 1000cc Versys might be on the way along with one more new model --- rumored TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
zzr14210.jpg

F M L :whistle:

Full Medium Low :poke:

SK - TRC.. isnt that 3 settings for the Traction Control?

it does look dame close to a zx-10..i like it better then the old 1950s train look that they were going with..

subscribed! i am interested to see more footage on the new model. i loved the look of the original especially the front end.

Gills or grills:rofl: The ugliest part of the whole bike (imo)

I agree :laugh:

It's a different bike without them but it's kinda like a signature for Kawi. Oh well it's an easy enough mod I imagine, I hope this bike delivers on the hype. Traction control and ABS would make this a really nice bike to mod more for sport touring :please:

Dam those gills or grills :banghead:

zx 14.jpg

zx14.jpg

zx 14.jpg

zx14.jpg

ohhh yessss, i prefer this fornt, to the busa front...

pics of a pre-prod (2006) zzr 1400 (with ram-air bigger than the production bike)

zzr14.jpg

Looks like some headlight/fairing changes + they stroked the motor 4mm =1440cc. Will it retain the closed deck cylinder design? I'm guessing that's a yes.

ZX-14R Teaser - Ultimate - YouTube[/url]

A 1000cc Versys might be on the way along with one more new model --- rumored TBA
1440cc's should equate to a 13-15hp increase.......not enough to get any real jump on the busa. It won't take much at all for Suzuki to match and/or beat that, and barely keep the 14 ahead of the liters. If they wanted to make a statement they needed to give the 14 10+ more hp than its getting now. Its just going to be the 06 14 intro all over again...the limelight for a year or two then eclipsed and pushed back into the shadows :laugh:
I like the 14 myself, but Kawasaki seems afraid to raise the stakes more than the minimal amount :whistle:
I imagine we'll never see Thors Hammer again like we did with the intro of the original busa :banghead:

NEW Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R / ZZR1400 more details (frame & engine) teaser - coming on October 10 - YouTube[/url]

Well the photos have been released, and I am HIGHLY disappointed at the new design. For one it doesn't look new, it just look like a *slightly* refreshed version of the 1st gen zx14. Looking at spy photos I thought they were going to use the zx10 design which I thought was a fantastic idea, instead they stuck with same ugly design. Only difference is that it's not AS ugly as before

Back