First gear issue??

Discussion in 'Busa problems' started by swimmer7946, Jun 26, 2010.

1. swimmer7946

swimmer7946 Registered

Ok so I finally got all my gremlins taken care of..no more leaks, drips, overheating.....bike runs like a raped ape....except.....at exactly 9500 rpm it almost feels like its jumping outta 1st gear...but why at exactly this RPM??? if its a bad gear engagement wouldnt it jump out at peak torque??? and isnt 1st gear undercut anyways?? Im wondering if it could be an ignition or fueling glitch..

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Registered

when u say jumping out of first, u mean like looseing power and rpm's jump up?
    or just a total loss of power and rpms stay the same?

3. swimmer7946

swimmer7946 Registered

it actually feels like its skipping a tooth..but like I said only at 9500rpm....no loss of power....just a quick skip.....IDK....Ill live with it this season.I Just had 1st gear redone and dont feel like splittin cases again till the winter when I tear the whole motor down for 1397 kit!!! :)

4. swimmer7946

swimmer7946 Registered

Its jumping outta gear...I just had second gear undercut and got her back together myself...I've searched the forum up and down looking for answers for jumping outta first...couldn't b A bad fork..that would cause other problems...could a worn clutch be the culprit..the bike has 25k showing and I do a lot of clutch up wheelies...but it doesn't slip...it does drag a bit on launch however...
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Nicholas

Nicholas Registered

i heard if a clutch is burning up it puts off a bad odor when u open the oil fill cap, and if u decide to get new plates stick with oem