First Bike...Favorite Bike....Who's got the stones to show 'em ?

Im starting to think it might be a better idea that after my bike gets repainted ill just leave off the decals. That way when anyone asks ill just say its a 250 :laugh:

Im starting to think it might be a better idea that after my bike gets repainted ill just leave off the decals. That way when anyone asks ill just say its a 250 :laugh:

You would not believe how many people ask me what my bike is. I even had one guy argue with me about my bike being a Busa because I had my hump off. :poke:

Anton Busa.......Too cool of a CBx.....Durn I remember them......
Yours was purdy....:welcome:

MPH200...What a beautiful vintage Honda.....a VF1000R....awesome...another original mold breaker ! :thumbsup:

thank you use to love that bike a lot we once had some american tourist here
in Sa touring the country via bike and they went ballistic when they saw the
cbx took a lot of pics and asked a lot of questions should have seen it in real life
:beerchug:

First bike '04 GSXR 600
And current and favorite bike '07 Hayabusa.

P5050164.jpg

P7102647.jpg

My first bike back in 1994, 1982 Yamaha Vision 550:

3733195663_cddd367866_o.jpg

3733195775_2e0475e732_o.jpg

These are the only pics I have of that bike... I had just cleaned it up and Armor-All'd the tires. DON"T EVER ARMOR-ALL YOUR TIRES! You've been warned... :laugh:

Since everyone else is doing it, I'll post up the rest of the bikes I've had.

1994 RF600R
3357153967_2652572e37.jpg

1982 GSX1100S Katana (still have):
3666065822_9bb39da357.jpg

2001 GSX1300R Hayabusa (current ride):
4174571215_2eb7e462c2.jpg

Like the majority here, the Hayabusa is my favourite of the bunch. It is just so easy to ride and so sexy to look at... I find it hard to believe that anything else could knock it off of its pedestal... well, maybe a new one could. :whistle:

Ok so now y'all got me diggin out pics of others I had in the stable.
Here is my 'shinbone fryer' model 97 zx11. Anyone familiar with these will know why I refer to it as shinbone fryer. I hated red lights and those electric fans. Like a friggin hairdryer right on your shins ! Other than that one of the prettiest colors I have ever seen on a bike and I think Blanca would look killer in this color. Wineberry is what Kawi called it. Pic was taken at one of my fav rides when in TN , the Jack Daniels distillery. One of the only counties in TN where you cant buy liquor is in the same county as the distillery. The founder Lem Motlow , I think thats how you spell it had it written into the TN legislature so none of the workers would be drinkin the product is how the story goes. The other pic of the bike is after I was run over on it on I95 here in SoFla 27,000 miles later ! Durn that hurt ! Anyone ever see the underside of a car as it completely passes OVER them on the highway ? The paramedics were called to the scene of a biker who went UNDER a car on I95. When they showed up they literally got out with mops and buckets expecting to pick up the pieces. I was lucky to be in one piece but had to relearn how to walk again. Bent forks, swingarm and right side completely skrood. I sold it and still miss it.

97 ZX11 AT JD DIST.jpg

AFTER ACC.jpg

Early 80s Rude Bwoy with my XT125, flannels and CASSETTE walkman under the seat. First real bike I could ride farther than 5 miles from home with ! Man I was free at 13 !
My eyes are red because I was just riding with my visor open, honest mom ! :rofl:
Tore up the hood in Nashville with that one.

Other bike is 84 Cr250 I ran hair scrambles in Ct on for a few. Miss that mud !

RUDE BWOY.jpg

CR250.jpg

I don't have a single photo of any bike I owned before the Hayabusa...never had money for luxuries like photos back then. I dug these off the internet:

1983...first "bike". I was 13 and won a 1983 Yamaha QT in a contest for getting the most people to start taking newspaper subscriptions on my route:

It wasn't long before I was running octane boost and had figured out a secret trick that would give it an extra 3 m.p.h. - removing the choke from the carburetor.

The next bike was at age 17, a 1972 Honda CB175. I bought it for $70. It wouldn't charge the battery, and nothing else worked on it either, but I learned a lot about fixing things since we were dirt poor. I bought a spare battery and a charger for it. Every morning I'd just swap out the discharged battery for the one I'd had charging in my bedroom the day before.

Oddly enough, none of the photos I find on the internet of 1972 models have the rubber kneepads on the gas tank, and mine did. Here's a photo of a 1969 model with the appropriate knee pads:

I used to sneak onto the community go-kart race track with the CB175 and run fifteen or twenty laps during lunch hour before leaving before the police got there.

Next was a 1981 Yamaha 650 Special purchased for $400. Not a bad bike at all for $400:

The Yamaha got sold (for $600) to finance a Peavey Butcher half stack as at the time I was a local Metal god playing in a speed metal band. Ultimately that amp got sold to help finance my private pilot license.

Next was a 1984 Honda Nighthawk SC700, again purchased for $400. It had been laid down by the previous owner and had some rash on the bikini fairing, but otherwise was perfect. This bike by far provided more bang for the buck than any motorcycle I've ever owned. Ultimately it was stolen and stripped. The frame and engine were all that was recovered.

After a thirteen year absence from motorcycling I bought my current and favorite bike:

1983 Yamaha QT.jpg

1969 Honda CB175.jpg

1981 Yamaha 650 Special.jpg

1984 Honda Nighthawk.jpg

Busa in Tobacco 1 Low Resolution Copyright.jpg

Last edited:
These are web shots of my early favorites, Honda CT70, elsinore 125, TM400, YZ400.... I need to scan some pics, some of the crash results are priceless, CT with rattlesnake etc... Top end gear :rofl: The Busa is my own pic, and my all time fave bike. :thumbsup:

1978-Yamaha-YZ400E-Yellow-5456-2 web.jpg

addibusa.jpg

zuke TM web.jpg

cr elsinore web.jpg

Honda70 web.jpg

Last edited:
I had a '93 Katana. I put on 40K on her in 3 years that I drove her. Was even a member of Katanaplanet.com for those Kat owners that remember. I even cut off the tail so it looked better. I do miss that bike.

my bike.JPG

P5210057.jpg

P5210058.jpg

The 'Busa by far is my favorite!

133.jpg

What she looked like after I went down.
IMG_8287.JPG

my bike.JPG

P5210057.jpg

P5210058.jpg

133.jpg

IMG_8287.JPG