First Bike...Favorite Bike....Who's got the stones to show 'em ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Ok so we are all here because we rides Busas' , but I thought it would be cool to start a post showing how we all got here. :thumbsup:
I'll go first....
Post a pic of you and your first bike...
Post a bke of you and your favorite bike if different....
Swallow your pride and let's see those goobers pics mom took of all of us on our mean machines !

Here I am on my first 'Rad Ride' My 1980 Kawasaki KV75. God that thing was fast. 3 speed automatic without governor. She would scream all the way up to 45mph and then spit sparks out her muffler to let you know that was it !
I had begged and begged for a bike and when we finally went to get one the only helmet they had was this yellow open face.
Until the owner showed me a pic of Joey Dunlop and told me how great he was I was devestated.
I could not believe I would have to wear that thing !
So alas at age 8 I was a Joey Dunlop wannabe riding around my hood raisin' cane with ma yeller lid ! :laugh:

The other pic is truly the bike I 'cut my teeth' on. 85 RZ350 Kenny Roberts signature edition. No joke I got this thing when I was 13.
She would smoke Interceptor 500s and scream literally all the way up to 130 where you would get the most scary death wobble you can imagine !
I lived in Nashville TN at the time and had several friends with same or similar.
Truly learned how to drag pegs and 'slide' things around corners as King Kenny used to do ! :bowdown:

I have had a few dozen bikes in my life. The ones in my sig are the ones I remember most and these two were my First and My Favorite...

So let's see yours.... :beerchug::lol:

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

I don't have any pics but I started on a 97 gsxr 600. It was yellow and black and was thrashed. I learned to ride it and pieced it back together. I repainted it viper yellow with silver racing stripes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fun thread:thumbsup: My first the Honda VFR the bike gave me a hatred for V motors that is still in me in to this day. Even though Ducati /Suzuki TL are some of the best bikes around the sound of those motors makes my skin crawl. :laugh: My favorite is under my arrs today:thumbsup:

img242.jpg

busa in black.jpg

Busa1166 too cool ! How about all of us posting the years of the bikes as well so we can gauge how old of a fart we are..:rofl:

2003 Kawasaki green Ninja 250.
I talked myself out of the 500 because it was so ugly.
Then wished I took the extra power over the beautiful looks of the 250 :rofl:
Parked it at shea stadium every day, glad no one wanted to steal a 250.
It was a great bike to learn on, and I definitely rode it hard and put it away wet.

N2.jpg

OK I really dont have a pic of my first ride, Mini Bikes

But here is the first one I rode the piss out of, Thought it was a Dirt Bike / Street Bike / Stunt Bike, You would feel sorry for this Bike if you knew what it went through.

===================================================================

honda.jpg

And my Favorite by far ( Misty )

===================================================================

misty.jpg

honda.jpg

misty.jpg

I don't have a picture, but it was a Cushman Eagle :laugh: . Ok, I know maybe ONE other on this board is old enough to remember when Cushman was a real player in the Motorcycle business.

here it is 04 600 kat and I know its the best looking bike but a great starter bike.
There's one just like that here in town for sale at a bank. 41,000 miles. As for my first one, 1973 Kawasaki 250 triple. Sorry I don't have pictures of it but wish I had it back.

here it is 04 600 kat and I know its the best looking bike but a great starter bike.

You sold the bumper off your car for a Kanatuna!:rofl: I have a lot of friends that started out on a bike just like that one. I started on the Busa myself.

Had a 450 nighthawk for about 2weeks then moved up to 1982 GS1100 that had an 1150 fairing on it. Blurry pic,but all I have...

scan0001.jpg

AWESOME STUFF AND GREAT HISTORY.....Thanks and keep em coming...
This is too cool. I think it neat to see this kind of stuff :beerchug::thumbsup:

Dalaster88 be careful if that is your first bike.......you'll get there much faster than you can stop ! :beerchug:

started out with a 72 ts 250. i remember that it was soo huge. more bike than i could really handle at 13. got from a friend for $35 and a guitar distortion pedal.
my folks hated it!
the chopper is the 1st road bike i ever bought or built. paid $300 and my lampworking tools for it.its a 77 Kz 750B. it wasnt chopped when i got it in 95, choppered it in 2000. i still like it, and keep an extra engine around for it..used to think it was fast :rofl:

bike pics 025.jpg

bike pics 018.jpg

My first was a Honda Trail 55 at age 14. Rode it like I stole it, couldn't break it, finally traded up to a Super Hawk 305. First time I hit the "ton" (100 mph). Been going fast ever since.

c105e.jpg

Back