finish on eBay CF dash panels

samw5

Registered
I've seen some nice looking carbon fiber dash panels on ebay lately not too expensive.

i've dealt with the seller before. Bought a CF hugger that did not fit properly, ended up returned it (seller was great about it, even refunded shipping).

that said i was wondering how those panels fit.

I have a set I got from Goodluck of these $100 TYD Fit and finish? 6-7 out of 10..

do you have any pictures? does it mean that there are gaps between the plastic and the CF or it's just the weave that isn't looking great?

if its the same guy who sells carbon off an on at ebay, then they are just veneered parts(IE: MOSTLY FIBERGLASS). His feedback normally slides him off ebay for awhile and he comes back under a new name. If its the same guy, he sells the inner panels as seperate lots of 2 (ie: front and backs)

not the same guy... I've purchased the hugger from him and it was real CF though wasn't as flush as i'd like with the swingarm brace so I ended up returned it.
The weave wasn't the highest quality but it still looked ok for the price.

i'm more concerned about the panels not lining up.

If the hugger didn't fit right the dash panels are definatlly not going to fit. If you look real close at the picutures on ebay you can tell that there not right. If your busa is clean pop for the magic racing ones. There are so nice, I just put them on my 06 Le. Love em. they only took 3 days to get here from japan!!

100_0055.JPG

i guess you get what you pay for... those are georgous, i've been looking at them b4, just hard to swallow the $365 price tag (especially the wify)!

thanks for the input.

If the hugger didn't fit right the dash panels are definatlly not going to fit. If you look real close at the picutures on ebay you can tell that there not right. If your busa is clean pop for the magic racing ones. There are so nice, I just put them on my 06 Le. Love em. they only took 3 days to get here from japan!!
D@MN those are sexy, I am wanting to add carbon panels also but there is a long list of other things to do before those...

not the same guy... I've purchased the hugger from him and it was real CF though wasn't as flush as i'd like with the swingarm brace so I ended up returned it.

my dumb question is...how do you know that its real carbon fiber throughout and not 3-4 layers of fiberglass and one of carbon fiber?

my dumb question is...how do you know that its real carbon fiber throughout and not 3-4 layers of fiberglass and one of carbon fiber?
well if it's the same fabrication as the rear hugger that this guy sells then they do appear legit CF (the back of the piece actually shows the CF fiber).

Again I'm not an expert but it looks honest eventhough the quality on the hugger wasn't up to my standard (hence me returning it).
Also he was very honest and refunded me for the item so I wouldn't be afraid to purchase from this guy again (if the product fit right that is).

well if it's the same fabrication as the rear hugger that this guy sells then they do appear legit CF (the back of the piece actually shows the CF fiber).

Again I'm not an expert but it looks honest eventhough the quality on the hugger wasn't up to my standard (hence me returning it).
Also he was very honest and refunded me for the item so I wouldn't be afraid to purchase from this guy again (if the product fit right that is).
there are crosshatch marks on fiberglass matt also.

if you bought it from ebay and used paypal, the guy would refund you the cash. Because if you didn't and were dishonest, all you had to do was file a complaint through paypal stating you bought from him and he sent you an empty box and they would do a chargeback on him. Then you would have his product AND your cash. I guess this is how paypal feels they are protecting the buyer.

I got a set, but no time to play with them. I will try to send in a report and some photos next week.

if you bought it from ebay and used paypal, the guy would refund you the cash. Because if you didn't and were dishonest, all you had to do was file a complaint through paypal stating you bought from him and he sent you an empty box and they would do a chargeback on him. Then you would have his product AND your cash. I guess this is how paypal feels they are protecting the buyer.
i can see you have never dealt with trying to get your money back from paypal i am in a 3 month ordeal with them right now and still havent gotten anything back so dont think you just email them and they send your money to you that guarantee of theres is about a load of crap

i can see you have never dealt with trying to get your money back from paypal i am in a 3 month ordeal with them right now and still havent gotten anything back so dont think you just email them and they send your money to you that guarantee of theres is about a load of crap
yes getting your money back for paypal for an ebay auction is normally easy. HOWEVER, if the seller is smart....they simply remove the funds from their account as soon as they are deposited. Larger ebayers sell so much and so often they normally have a balance. In all honesty, I never had a charge back that wasn't covered. I had a guy do a chargeback once because he didn't receive his product in time even though he had a tracking number and paypal actually charged and froze money on my checking accoutn without authorization. How they do it, or if its legal...no clue. Seen it doen first hand.

Got mine off e-bay years ago . The look is 8 out of 10, the fit was a 4. I had to do alittle trimming with the dremmel and the seam isn't great but i put a strip of electrical tape over it and nobody notices.

dash_and_grips.jpg

yes getting your money back for paypal for an ebay auction is normally easy. HOWEVER, if the seller is smart....they simply remove the funds from their account as soon as they are deposited. Larger ebayers sell so much and so often they normally have a balance. In all honesty, I never had a charge back that wasn't covered. I had a guy do a chargeback once because he didn't receive his product in time even though he had a tracking number and paypal actually charged and froze money on my checking accoutn without authorization. How they do it, or if its legal...no clue. Seen it doen first hand.
you got lucky i have had to get a police report and all kinds of other stuff and they have done nothing yet still waiting on ebays response

Back