Finally made the leap Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery BTL14

Re: Finally made the leap Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery B

Just read all the materials. The one thing that stood out to me that had not been previously discussed about these batteries ( Li ) you can not let them drop below 8 volts from memory

Re: Finally made the leap Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery B

i was wondering if they shut themselves off at a certain voltage or not. i know alot of people have a hard time keeping a charged battery. my bikes are never dead but it did happen after a few weeks of sitting once i installed a wireless LED kit. im not sure if im ready to try a lithium battery or not.

i was wondering if they shut themselves off at a certain voltage or not. i know alot of people have a hard time keeping a charged battery. my bikes are never dead but it did happen after a few weeks of sitting once i installed a wireless LED kit. im not sure if im ready to try a lithium battery or not.
Well they require a little personal responsibility :laugh: I ride practically everyday and have no added electrical components. I have a battery tender Jr. that I could plug in after every ride and if I had an alarm system or let the bike sit for 6 months without running I would

My Shorai was 3 years old before it crapped out . I feel very confident

Unless there's an electrical issue, these batteries should hold up. Suppose to be able to sit them on a shelf for two years :shocked:

You do need to kepp on a tender just like any other . Remember that there is a drain with the clock and other goodies and like said above you don't want any lithium batteries to get low .

Brother, it's just not an issue for me. Bought the battery tender jr. back in '07 for $18.00. Just got it out a few weeks ago to charge the mower battery. First use. I ride to often to worry about it. With normal drain I'm probably good forever :laugh:

I just bought this battery. Solved my starting problems and it is so tiny. Happy I read this thread.

Well another milestone of sorts. 16 degrees F last night and the bike has been sitting for several days. Pulled the gauges for some work I'm having done and decided to make sure the bike would crank without gauges and it did. So I went ahead and rode uptown, mailed the gauges and had some lunch.

The important part here is that the bike cranked. Word is the Li batteries don't work in cold temps. It did drag a little but fired off. If it drops to zero I'll see if it cranks :laugh:

Still cranking over in cold weather :thumbsup:

Thank you for the updated user reports. When it comes time to replace my battery, I think I'll look at the same one.

I bought a Shorai for my 1999 busa. You need the cranking amps so you dont get starter kickback as there is no sprag gear until 2003

The earth X is the only lifo battery with over /under charging protection. Both are issues with known faulty busa regulators

BB

Back