Finally made the leap Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery BTL14

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Even though my bike turns over and cranks with 1 to 2 seconds, it's getting close to 6 years old. Been looking at lithium batteries and checking out threads.

Deltran Battery Tender is a name I trust. I feel like they stand behind their stuff. Ordered the battery tonight, should be here within the week. Deltran states that the battery has a circuit to balance the cells, that it can be shelved for 2 years, three year warranty, and that it last 5 times longer than the SLAs.

We will see.

Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery BTL14A240C

Another battery to watch. Hopefully it works out for me.

http://batterytender.com/includes/languages/english/resources/batteryfaq.pdf

Deltran Launches Line of High Output Lithium Batteries and Chargers for Motorsport Applications

https://www.facebook.com/StoredEnergyProducts

Re: Finally made the leap Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery B

The SLA weights 7 lbs 9 oz while the battery I ordered weighs 1 lb 7 oz

The SLA would have ran around $80 I paid $114 for my Li battery.

Re: Finally made the leap Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery B

Nice! Anyway to trim up the busa is a bonus. Mine is still running strong after 6 years as well but I will keep this in mind.

Robert;
Does it need a battery tender? I have an ST1300, too and although I hate to admit it, I ride it more than my 'Busa.
Mine is a 2012, but I like the idea of taking 5 more pounds off.

The bike is fine but I do a lot of trips and closing in on 6 years I'd rather not be inconvenienced on a trip and ripped off bc I;m an out of towner. I have been looking at all Li batteries for years and Battery Tender came out with Li batteries in Sept. , a name I trust and they seem to really back the product. Not to mention it is very reasonable. Most range in price close to $200 and one that a member bought recently was $219. So we will see. I'll probably leave it in the box until late April.

being a lithium battery it should remain almost fully charged for up to a year IF u pull it out of the bike for storage. otherwise a battery tender is needed. lithium batteries if fully discharged almost always are dead beyond repair. my next battery will be lithium. ive used them for years in my Radio Control planes with good results. just dont let anything discharge them to a dead state

being a lithium battery it should remain almost fully charged for up to a year IF u pull it out of the bike for storage. otherwise a battery tender is needed. lithium batteries if fully discharged almost always are dead beyond repair. my next battery will be lithium. ive used them for years in my Radio Control planes with good results. just dont let anything discharge them to a dead state
Their literature states that the battery can sit on the shelf for two years.

What is the best way to store my battery long term?
A Battery Tender
®
Lithium Battery has virtually no self-discharge and has a shelf life of 2 years.
The best way to store the battery is disconnected from the vehicle in a clean and dry location with
the protective covers installed on the positive terminals.

Let us know how well that brand works. Whats the warrantee

Let us know how well that brand works. Whats the warrantee
Why did I post all the links :laugh:

What is the warranty on my Battery Tender
®
Lithium battery?
Warranty Periods
1) 0-12 months: Replace free of charge with original receipt or product registration on our website;
www.batterytender.com/productregistration.
2) 13-24 months: 50% off MSRP with original receipt or registered on website.
3) 25-36 months: 35% off MSRP with original receipt or registered on website.

$114 TMD by the way :poke:

not a bad price. hope it works as good as it should. its a good brand id trust

Been trying to navigate their website. They're showing that I haven't placed an order and I posted on their facebook page and received an email stating that they were checking me out for 48 hours. I emailed them back my order number and paypal info. So glad I went paypal. Paypal shows they are withholding payment until shipped. So I might be backing up. We'll see. :laugh:

Murphy must be laughing his azz off at me as usual :rofl:

My research showed that the president of this company is the only employee :banghead:

The email worked. I'm not the most patient soul, and constantly looking to get scammed, in my inbox this AM

Kristi replied
Hello,

Your order is shipping today and your tracking number is Fed-X 615669010013910, which should become active by 9:00 p.m. this evening.

Thank you!

Kristi Sherman
Customer Support | Stored Energy Products, Inc.
866 819 6035 x 704 | sherman@storedenergyproducts.com | All Batteries, Power Sources, Battery Products | SEPBatteries.com

Not so sure that these guys aren't distributors to dealers at wholesale prices and somehow I got one from them. From what I can see I saved about $25.00. I see the same battery advertised everywhere for $136.00. I paid $114.00.

I have a FedEx tracking number so hopefully I'll have my Flux Capacitor by the weekend. :bowdown:

thats my worry, I've never heard of them . Hope all works awesome , if so maybe ill switch over . Price is alot cheaper

thats my worry, I've never heard of them . Hope all works awesome , if so maybe ill switch over . Price is alot cheaper
I think it's called drop shipping. They probably order the battery from battery tender and have it shipped to my address. They never touch it.

If it is a scam. Im sure one of the cops on here will help. lol

No scam , props to SEP. Product arrived within 4 days ( there was an email sent :dunno: ) I'm not in a rush to install it the factory SLA is turn it over like new and has never let me down, but with trips planned this spring, I didn't want to get caught with my pants down. So after 6 years estimated it will be replaced prior to the Spring Bash. probably the week before, because engineers understand the bell curve. Things fail right out of the box ( new ) or as they reach the end of their life cycle. So I'll give her a week before the trip if not more.

Why not, according to the manufacturer it could sit in my kitchen for two years and fire the bike up :laugh:

1.76 lbs , it felt like an empty box guys, and it came with all kinds of hardware and material to make the battery fit snug in the bike.

Voltage: 12V
Cold Cranking Amps: 240
Lead-Acid Replacement Range: 10-14(Ah)
Case Dimensions: 5.27" (134mm) length x 2.55†(65mm) width x 3.62†(92mm) height
Operating Temp: 0 - 140°(F)
Weight: 1.76 lbs
Warranty: 3 Years - Limited*
Max Charge Rate: 10A
Agency Approvals: CE, UN 38.3
• 18 month Shelf Life
• Up to 80% lighter than Lead Acid Equivalent
• 5X the Life of a Lead Acid Battery