Finally Joined The 'busa Crowd.

Thanks everyone for your input. I have also read that Puig makes a bit heavy duty screen that resists flapping at higher speeds and the cracking that happens with the thinner ZG's, but is their ST screen comparable in size and wind deflection capability of the ZG?

:beerchug:

Can't help with that. I have never seen a Puig ST screen. I can say that the Zero Gravity ST will not break at higher speeds though. Have never had it over 150 so can't vouch for faster.

Thanks for the input Nosbig. I haven't heard from mabupa so maybe he changed his mind. More research I guess.
Thanks again all.

Thanks for the input Nosbig. I haven't heard from mabupa so maybe he changed his mind. More research I guess.
Thanks again all.
Sorry I went missing. I work 13hr shifts and work has kicked my behind this week. I should be home before dark tomorrow, so I'll try to unwrap the screen and take a pic for you before dark.

Sorry I went missing. I work 13hr shifts and work has kicked my behind this week. I should be home before dark tomorrow, so I'll try to unwrap the screen and take a pic for you before dark.
No worries. Been there, done that, got many t-shirts! :rolleyes: At your convenience sir.

For those of you who are interested, here are some better pics of my new baby. Taken at the dealership the day I fell for her and made the deal. As shiny as she looks, she had a coating of dust all around, fingerprints on the backrest and tank and a few minor scratches on same. She should photograph much better now that she's polished and sealed/waxed when I get her into the sun. More pics soon.

IMG_1827.JPG

IMG_1824.JPG

Here are some pics looking through the screen. I was pretty disappointed when I pulled it out of the closet I had it. My mother was living with me and recently moved out and took her stuff out of this closet and she wasn't very careful, so is not in perfect condition anymore. :banghead:
Where are you located? I ccan let you put some miles on this one for you to see if you like it.
IMG_2916.JPG
IMG_2913.JPG

Yikes! Even though I'm pretty good at detailing, I'm not sure I can get those scratches seen in the first pic to go away... I have a DA polisher and the proper abrasives (I hope:rolleyes:)... I might take a chance as a project since I enjoy making things shiny. :D Not to be disrespectful to a fellow 'Busa owner, but I would have to get it pretty cheap to take the chance. Otherwise I would just buy a new one, but no sense having yours just sitting in a closet not being enjoyed. I may just put it on the 'Busa first and test it... then will do the work to make it pretty if it works the way I need it to. Let me know what you'd let 'er go for including shipping to 06331, and we'll go from there. Not sure if the PM system works with this forum (some don't) but if you'd like to keep our negotiations private, feel free to PM me or use my gmail address. I don't mind either way.

Hello all.....
Finally bought a Hayabusa..... 2005 with 19370 miles.... Boy, does this thing move....... Turning 60 this year, so I thought it's now or never..... Wife is just tickled....[cough cough]............

Welcome to the forum Jenny Busa and Howard Morris. :welcome:

Howard, my wife still thinks I'm riding the 2012 gixxer (blue) I took in trade for a muscle car project. I think if she saw my black beauty, how much bigger she is and how much more power she has, she'd be even less "tickled" than your Mrs. So I'll wait until she notices it's not blue and I'll take it from there... :bowdown: Sheesh, just 'cause we're 60+, do they want us to stop having fun??!!o_O

Jenny, I agree... age does not matter. But, on Sunday I did my first ride on my 2016 busa. What was supposed to be a short one hour "get to know her" ride turned into over 3 hours on back roads for a total of 88 miles! I just couldn't stop! However, I am paying the price. Not because she's a Busa (although hanging on certainly tired my arms out a bit as I gained confidence)..... what really hurt were the muscles in my calves responsible for shifting and applying the rear brake! Later that night, I could barely get out of the recliner due to the soreness of those muscle groups. Three days later, there is some residual soreness, but I'm ready for my second ride. Of course, being on vacation, it's gonna rain the next 2 days. :banghead:

After 88 miles, I am just in awe... so much power, even in mode C. (started in mode C and it felt like my old Kawi ZRX1200R with 112 hp), but when I shut her off then restarted her at my daughters house, I forgot a restart puts you back in mode A. Wow! Rolling on the throttle just rockets you forward. Definitely need to use caution in the lower gears. The other revelation was how smoooooth she rides. Like a Cadillac of the sport bike world. But she is NOT a boat. While a bit heavy, center of gravity is fairly low (c/g much lower than the kawi, which weighed about the same). I'm a kinda big guy (6'2"/220lbs) so I had no problem countersteering and leaning the big girl. She's certainly no gixxer, but she's exactly what I wanted. looks, style, power, comfort, reliability..

Also, due to my height, I was concerned about wind buffeting. But for some reason, even at a bit more :rolleyes:than legal speeds, the wind wasn't buffeting at all. Just a steady blast. Dropping down below the Wind screen a bit helps if I feel the need for quiet, but it wasn't that bad. I'd guess that on warmer days, the wind will be welcome. For the record, I do have a quality Shoei helmet, an RF1100, so that may have contributed to the relative quiet at speed, although a set of earplugs certainly would be a good move for lengthy rides at highway speeds, which I don't really plan on doing.

Bottom line: I'm very happy with my purchase. I expect many miles of smiles. I'm sure Newbies like myself Jenny and Howard will experience the same. btw: we need pics!

I attached a couple of pics of her out in the real world. I was at a Dunkin donuts and under a shady tree, so the paint doesn't quite pop like it does in the sun, but you can still see she's a beauty....Mods consist of only a Yoshimura fender eliminator and a Puig hugger rear fender. Right now, I don't feel the need (or to spend the $) for an aftermarket exhaust. I can hear the intake noise, which is quite cool, when I roll on the throttle. Don't really need to hear the exhaust. But that may change when I recover from the payout and as time goes by.

IMG_2035.JPG

IMG_2036.JPG

IMG_2034.JPG

Last edited:
:beerchug:[/QUOTE]
Yikes! Even though I'm pretty good at detailing, I'm not sure I can get those scratches seen in the first pic to go away... I have a DA polisher and the proper abrasives (I hope:rolleyes:)... I might take a chance as a project since I enjoy making things shiny. :D Not to be disrespectful to a fellow 'Busa owner, but I would have to get it pretty cheap to take the chance. Otherwise I would just buy a new one, but no sense having yours just sitting in a closet not being enjoyed. I may just put it on the 'Busa first and test it... then will do the work to make it pretty if it works the way I need it to. Let me know what you'd let 'er go for including shipping to 06331, and we'll go from there. Not sure if the PM system works with this forum (some don't) but if you'd like to keep our negotiations private, feel free to PM me or use my gmail address. I don't mind either way.

oh no! I'm just now seeing your message. I apologize. Since you didn't use the "quote" or "reply" option, I never got a notification nor email about your post. I'm sending you an email in a little bit.

oh no! I'm just now seeing your message. I apologize. Since you didn't use the "quote" or "reply" option, I never got a notification nor email about your post. I'm sending you an email in a little bit.[/QUOTE]

No worries. Understood. You're right, I just responded to your post. Didn't know a reply would alert you. I responded to your email. It's all good my friend.
:thumbsup:

oh no! I'm just now seeing your message. I apologize. Since you didn't use the "quote" or "reply" option, I never got a notification nor email about your post. I'm sending you an email in a little bit.

No worries. Understood. You're right, I just responded to your post. Didn't know a reply would alert you. I responded to your email. It's all good my friend.
:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]
Just read your email, glad to hear you are having fun with her.:beerchug:

Back