Finally Joined The 'busa Crowd.

BlkButyBusa

Registered
I have been riding MC's off and on for 30+ years. Started during the gas crunch in the late 70's when I bought a 400cc honda hawk (you're as old as me if you remember that one) so I could visit my wife to be without going broke paying for gas. Once married, we upped it a bit (hang on) to a full 500cc silver wing. We put a lot of miles on her touring new england and then Denver, CO and Oklahoma while I served in the Army.

Sold the 'Wing in OK as I didn't want to drag it back to New England. But never really had enough of MC'ing.

In 2001, got the bug bad and got a Kawi ZRX1200R Eddie lawson replica, but not in the gosh awful green.. Black and purple. Great bike. Kinda heavy but not too much so as I am 6'2" 220lbs. Sold her a few years later for $ for muscle car projects. Never should have done it.

Fast forward to 2016. After 20 years of being a muscle car gear head, had enough and needed to downsize to make some room. Advertised a car project for sale on CL but got low balled so decided I'd offer the project up for a trade for a Non-Harley MC cruiser to get back into the sport. Two days after posting, a young guy (30's is young to me) offered me a 2012 Gixxer 750 for trade. Didn't really want to but the kid reminded me I can always trade for a cruiser or sell it if it's not comfortable enough. SOLD!

Almost done... I spent many hours cleaning and doing the maintenance on the gixxer getting her ready for this spring. Finally, my wife of 35 years said, "you look awful cramped on that MC... you sure you're gonna enjoy it?" Well, she made a good point, so I sat on the gixxer while on the track stands for 15 minutes. I was not comfortable... too small, to cramped. So started looking at options.

My local dealer had a beautiful left over 2016 black/gray Busa (last one, two sold) that just caught my eye. A generous rebate and a trade in amount for the gixxer of $7k sealed the deal. She and I are awaiting the streets to be swept of winter sand. Then I will enjoy this hyperbike, taking it slow for the breakin period, and, I haven't ridden in a while. Expecting many miles of smiles.

One question guys: I've been looking for a quality hugger rear fender. Mixed reviews on the PUIG at revzilla. Hotbodies get's a thumbs down in most reviews. I will spend the extra $ for quality. Any suggestions? Pics helpful. I will try to get some good pics of my new beauty posted asap.

Ride safe all!
BBB

Member George Gratt (?? spelling)
in Greece makes great looking carbin fiber parts.

Member George Gratt (?? spelling)
in Greece makes great looking carbin fiber parts.
Thanks sixpack577. I did a search for member George Gratt, but no luck. Does he have a website? Email address? Any help reaching him would be appreciated. I'd really like to have a hugger on the rear before I take her out in a couple of weeks. Any other suggestions guys? Tnx. :thumbsup:

Here ya go. Sorry they are kinda dark. I used flash on my iPhone too. Better pics coming once I do a clean and seal with Meguiars M21 Synthetic sealant
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

:welcome: Beautiful blank slate.
Agreed, and she's gonna stay that way, with the exception of fender eliminator, rear fender hugger to keep her as clean as possible and maybe a zero gravity Sport Tour windscreen if I find the wind is a bit much and I can't tuck down far enough (I'm 6'2" and 60 yrs old...not a flexible as I used to be) Otherwise she'll stay stock. I wanna ride and shine her up, not tinker. I'm done with that.
Still looking for options on a rear hugger. HELP! o_O

Congrats on owning the best land missile ever engineered.
Thanks TIMMYDUCK. Yeah, didn't know how much I wanted a sleek, muscular hyperbike until I did the research and saw a bunch of vids on what a great bike she is. Gotta admit though, my dealer kinda hosed me on the delivery. I was told she'd be cleaned and polished. NOT! The wheels are just as dusty as they were when I looked at her in the showroom. No biggie. I prefer to do my own detailing as most yahoo's just scratch the snot out of the finish, especially black, and I have to buff 'em out. I got her up on the front stand tonight. Have a MOJO (?) stand set. Had to remove the front fender. My Gosh what a pain. But she's ready for a good wipe down and waxing/sealant. Hope to do this weekend. Here's a few pics of her on the stand. Man I just love that black/gray color scheme. She looks like she's going a hundred just hanging there, don't she?? :race:

Congrats and welcome! Is that a carpeted garage?
Thanks BigBSBusa. Appreciated. It's actually a rec room/basement with a walk out double door. Used to play ping pong and stuff down there but we're empty nester's now so I use it as storage for the good stuff that I don't want damaged in my other garages. I had the Gixxer in the same place. The extra carpet was a precaution but the gixxer never left a drop. Hoping the 'busa is the same.
I have a two bay garage with a lift where I do maintenance on my family's cars and where I used to tinker with musclecars. Heated and a/c'd so a nice place to park and do work on motorsports projects year round. My B will be quite happy to be parked there between rides. :D

Agreed, and she's gonna stay that way, with the exception of fender eliminator, rear fender hugger to keep her as clean as possible and maybe a zero gravity Sport Tour windscreen if I find the wind is a bit much and I can't tuck down far enough (I'm 6'2" and 60 yrs old...not a flexible as I used to be) Otherwise she'll stay stock. I wanna ride and shine her up, not tinker. I'm done with that.
Still looking for options on a rear hugger. HELP! o_O

I get it. They are great bikes stock, and there are a few guys that manage to leave them that way. The rest of us say we are only going to change a couple of things and years and thousand of dollars later there are only a couple of more things we want to change.

Beautiful bike. Welcome to the ORG! Let the mods begin!
Thank you Skywalker. Appreciated. But as mentioned before, I don't want to mess with perfection and will only be doing minor mods for aesthetics and ride comfort. I plan on doing many miles this year just to get a feel for her before I can even think of considering changing anything. Main goal is to learn how to handle all that grunt safely and confidently. My ZRX1200R was a handful at WOT but after 4000 miles I felt fairly comfortable on her. But she only had 112 hp and 80 ftlbs of torque. Our 'Busa's almost double that at the pretty much the same weight with more aerodynamics. I will be mindfull that my learning curve will be quite steep for a while.

Still looking for rear hugger fender options guys. Street sweepers will be hear soon. Need one asap but want quality. Any input would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

Back