Finally.........after A Lot Of Waiting Around For Parts She Is Finally Having The Supercharger Fitte

Discussion in 'Super Chargers' started by bigdev, Jan 4, 2017.

1. bigdev

bigdev Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Keith
    :beerchug: Miguel

2. bigdev

bigdev Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Keith
    Fitted an EK chain to her Friday (supposed to be tested up to 500bhp) and had the digital gps speedo fitted to her too. Bit difficult to read the speedo coz of the angle it's set at so getting a bracket made to tilt it towards me but seems to work ok. English weather was crap at the weekend so only had a quick blast on her to bed the chain in but going to fit the quick action throttle back on coz I miss it, that should make life even more exciting than it already is . The way she picks up speed is nothing short of amazing, especially when you crack the throttle open at around 150 mph, she just leaps forward and the rest of the world goes into reverse. I haven't fully checked yet but I'm pretty sure she also doubles as a time machine and when I get back of my ride I'm sure I look younger, which is what happens at the speed of light right :bounce: :race:

3. bigdev

bigdev Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Keith
    Rained all weekend here in my little corner of England so no playing out for me so nothing to report sorry :(. It's supposed to be ok this coming weekend so fingers crossed.

Busashot likes this.
  4. bigdev

bigdev Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Keith
    Well, it was the first day of spring in England on Monday 20th March and today on Wednesday 22nd of March, its snowing!!! So much for keeping my fingers crossed for good weather for this weekend. :banghead:

5. Busashot

Busashot Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Steve
    Bummer.....

bigdev likes this.
  6. bigdev

bigdev Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Keith
    Well Steve, the forecast for this weekend is not too bad so hopefully I will get on my favourite road and do some low level flying, got my gps digital speedo up and running so we will see :race::crazy::bounce:

VIPER and Busashot like this.
  7. bigdev

bigdev Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Keith
    Well, I got out on her on Saturday, weather was fine and 14 degrees C. Slight tail wind behind me and hit 207mph on my digi speedo before I thought..shit...there's a roundabout approaching at err......207 mph :lol:, so shut off and braked....hard...lol. In fact I would say that since I got her supercharged that's been the biggest change to my riding style, I have to brake a lot sooner and harder than I did so going to have to keep an eye on pad wear.

Don't ask me about mpg, I don't know and I frankly don't care, it is what it is, suffice it to say she's thirstier. I always remember when I had a K5 Gixxer 1000 and people were asking on forums what MPG people were getting, my response was always, looking for MPG, get a Honda 50 :lol:.

Tyre (tire) wear seems to have significantly increased with both front and rear needing new ones, they looked fine 3 weeks ago but now on the wear limits so will make a note of the mileage when I change them and see how long they last, I don't expect they will last long tbh but time will tell.

Am I enjoying her...on a scale of 1 to 10.......... she's a 15. Do I have any regrets, yes, I regret that I didn't do it sooner :bounce::crazy::race:

dadofthree, nosbig and sixpack577 like this.
  8. fallenarch

fallenarch I made fun of the panties, now I have them :( Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Willie Cooper
    That's so great to hear. So often people mod bikes and then realize they don't really enjoy the bike as much as they used to. Sounds like you're having a blast and that's what this is all about!

bigdev likes this.
  9. bigdev

bigdev Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Keith
    :beerchug: Willie and oh I'm definitely having a blast, I haven't grinned this much for a long time. :bounce:

fallenarch likes this.