FI PROBLEMS AGAIN

busabullet

Donating Member
Registered
Yesterday I rode my bike to workno problems. When I got to the parking lot, the bike acted kinda like it ran out of gas.  The gage read quarter of a tank.  FI light came on and the bike died.  I have the dealer manual, the bike is not kicking out any codes. The FI lights just continues to blink.  Any idea where I can buy the jump switch that you need to get the codes? Or any ideas??  Tired of all these fuel related problems!

<!--EDIT|busabullet
Reason for Edit: "spealing/grammmer Duh!"|1121932397 -->

What year is your bike? There are some fuel filter/line issues with the 99-00 models (the ones with an external fuel pump)

You don't need to buy that code scanner. All you have to do is loop it with a piece of wire.

...and where does one get a code scanner
rock.gif
...Any online site addresses

Similar problem on an 00 BUSA. FI would flash and die intermittently during riding. My number 4 fuel injector was mis-firing. Your #1 injector may be bad. Manually clean them and/or confirm it is firing/spraying properly. Gas in certain areas tend to GUM up in the injector.

Finally found out what the problem was, Apparently the factory ran too many items off of the same thottle body. There was a single vacuum line teed off running everything. The bike could not make enough vacuum to run it all. Took the tee out and used vacuum off of the other throttle bodies runs beautiful.
ukliam3.gif
ukliam3.gif
ukliam3.gif
beerchug.gif

ukliam3.gif

ukliam3.gif

Back