FI light

OB_Oger

Registered
My FI light came on yesterday, I was only .25 miles from where I was going so I finished riding there. I turned the bike off and then turned it back on and started it back up and the light did not come back on. What would this have to do with? I have a PC2, could that cause it?

The manual indicates that when the FI has a problem, the clock will roll to a diagnostic indication. If this did not happen, I would bet it was a fluke. See the owner's manual.

theres a chance dat ur injectors are starting to clog up ... pour some injector cleaning fluid into ur tank, should be fine after 2 or 3 sessions.

Put a paper clip in the dealer mode switch connector and see what error codes are saved by the EFI. The shop manual says that it will save codes across shutdowns. It only looses the code if you disconnect the EFI box.

That will tell you what happened. If you don't have a shop manual just post the code and one of us will give you the text.

The dealer mode connector is the one stuffed down the left side under the seat with two wires running out of it. It's a white connector with a black cap.

[This message has been edited by Lyle (edited 27 March 2000).]

Back