Favorite C-Spanner(s)?

Flows

Donating Member
Registered
Hi folks, does anyone have a favorite c-spanner (set)? I have an adjustable hardened plasticine concraption that is worse than useless.
I have used a really nice Crown alloy steel item but can't seem to find them any more... Any pointers to something that has nice sharp hooks, not too long, not too short, feels good in the hand, maybe double ended that will work with the ~70mm lock nuts on the Busas? Or are all tools rubbish these days and I have to go rummaging through 2nd hand stores to find anything decent?

I have an adjustable spanner, and it was sold as a Yamaha tool at one time.
I also have a small flat plate with the hook and a 3/8" drive opening for a ratchet, and they fit the rear shock, and the steering neck nut and locknut.
But yes, you can buy a set.

Screenshot_20240208-134831_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240208-134607_Gallery.jpg

Thanks 6, I am trying to avoid the plastic dip Bezos specials if I can. Where do I buy real tools these days?

Thanks 6, I am trying to avoid the plastic dip Bezos specials if I can. Where do I buy real tools these days?

The 2 that I have I bought new on ebay.
They are just like the ones that I posted pictures of above.
The adjustable is a Pit Posse brand, and was sold by Yamaha, in Yamaha packaging, and it's a steering neck wrench, but works on shocks too.
Tool number PP2269.
The stamped and plated one that fits on a ratchet is just an ebay cheapo, but works perfectly and is very strong.
I havn't bought any sets as I've gotten by well with these, and have a couple of old ones with the swinging jaws too.

20240208_213541.jpg

Back