FASTEST STOCK YEAR???

I think it depends on the Biek etc But late 200's where restricted to 186 and all bikes since then. Mine happens to be unrestricted. On the road 190 or so on speedo on Dyno rev limiter came in around 215 or so racing a ZX12 I sooo smoked him at bike weeek on the dyno

(Revvv @ Apr. 10 2007,19:04) My stock 2003 is the fastest  
wow.gif

MyBusa005.jpg
That bike is not stock! The reflector removal mod adds at least 5 mph to the top end! And those frame sliders? Thats another 3-4 mph!

I personally hate the sliders. They were on the bike when I bought it though. With holes in the fairings it doesn't make much sense to pull the sliders off.

I WAS NOT TRYING TO START A PISSING CONTEST OVER WHOS WAS FASTEST. JUST WANT TO LEARN WHAT YEAR HAD NO RESTRICTIONS ON IT.
beerchug.gif

(IAMKS @ Apr. 12 2007,19:22) I WAS NOT TRYING TO START A PISSING CONTEST OVER WHOS WAS FASTEST. JUST WANT TO LEARN WHAT YEAR HAD NO RESTRICTIONS ON IT.
beerchug.gif
No pissing contest. This is how we are here. Do a search for the fastest color and you'll see what I mean.

(IAMKS @ Apr. 12 2007,18:22) I WAS NOT TRYING TO START A PISSING CONTEST OVER WHOS WAS FASTEST. JUST WANT TO LEARN WHAT YEAR HAD NO RESTRICTIONS ON IT.  
beerchug.gif
Thanks, but the answer is 1999 and 2000 models are unrestriced. They also have 220mph speedometers. The 01 and up models are all restriced.

Also if everyone painted there bikes the same color, the fastest busa comes down to the rider and the horsepower!

(SLEEPERBUSA @ Apr. 12 2007,22:11) It's a little known fact that the 00 green one's were the fastest!
smileyexhibit.gif

ba668d1e.jpg
WRONG! Its been proven green actually causes more drag than any other color. Why do you think Kawasaki hasn't released a green 14? DUH!
poke.gif

Dang your bike looks good!
beerchug.gif

I din't know they made stock busa's , don't they come already modded??

This isn't a pissing match, it's just good natured ribbing. It happens all the time here, especially around questions like:

"which year is fastest?"

"what's a TRE?"

"what oil is best?"

Questions like these are an invitation to older members to post ho.

The answer to your question, which gets asked all the time by newbies, is easily found via the search function - as are most bike related questions around here......

Welcome to the madness

Actually they are all the same (stock)...only they got restricted after 2000.  If you unrestrict a 2007 will it not be as fast as a 1999...right?... or am I just stupid?

Oh.....and it really actually comes down to color and we know that the below bike is the fastest color.

Cover__Medium___Small_.jpg

99's are faster because the speedometer goes to 220. If your speedo only goes to 200 the cable will actually restrict the front wheel from spinning any faster than 200 mph. That's where the tre mod comes in. The tre mod, or "total restriction elimination" mod removes this speedo cable to allow for faster (above 200) front wheel rotation.
Somebody put this whistley spinny thing on my exhaust pipe, and now mine goes really really fast. However, with my speedo still hooked up I'm limited to 220.

Back