Family law judge William Adams beats daughter.

I spank when he deserves it but in this case I wonder why?

Let me see if I understand things correctly?

Her father is against technology right?
But.....
She has a computer that allowed her to break his rules and download stuff right?

Why give her the computer if he's against tech and why not just unplug it or take it away from her as punishment?
Spankings should be like deadly force, a last resort.

This really pisses me off. I would love to get my hands on him. Discipline is one thing but the words used to his daughter is unacceptable. Exact reason my daughter dosent spend the night with friends. You never know what goes on in peoples homes

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have a sister that is mental handicapped. I do not have a problem with someone get a spanking. This however is over the top.

I'd say things are looking grim for Judge Douchebag this morning..... :thumbsup:

On Wednesday afternoon, Judge Adams was temporarily relieved of his duties for the next two weeks, and a visiting judge will take over his caseload while the matter is being investigated, according to the office of Arkansas County Administrative Judge Burt Mills

And who's going to help in this investigation? :laugh:

Rockport Police Chief Tim Jayroe said he has asked the Texas Rangers, the state's top investigators, for help in the investigation.

You are *so* toast now, Judge...... the Texas Rangers don't play. :rulez:

And finally, this gem.... the abused girl speaks out herself on the Today show:

Linky-link: [video]http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/45146781#45146781[/video]

Even in the, um, progressive state of Texas, you just can't beat a disabled child with a leather strap for 7 minutes.... Judge Tough-Guy-with-a-Belt is about to get a rude awakening.

Excellent. :cheerleader:

I still say parents need to whoop on kids when they need it. This guy beat his older nephew for the stunts he was pulling and it wasn't even his kid. Someone embed this for me. This guy in my hero!

On Facebook for being a Fake Gang Member - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mom is as guilty as the Dad............she is in the video telling her to take it like a woman.

Why wait 7 years. Why now?

I talk to my daughter, who is now 8 years old. She understands what is expected of her as far as behavior, and I'm willing to explain myself when I give her instruction or correct her. She's extremely articulate, respectful, and well-behaved. I love that little girl with all my heart.

I have also spanked my daughter. I don't subscribe to the belt/spoon/twig school. I used my hand. The spanking was a tool to get her full, undivided attention more than it was a punishment. Once her attention was where it needed to be, the spanking stopped. I have never intended for the spanking itself to be punishment, but a tool to establish the pecking order in letting her know that she needs to pay attention. Timeouts alone don't work in my experience. I see that approach on a daily basis from my girlfriend with her headstrong three-year-old because she doesn't want to create an atmosphere of fear (?). So with her, the rest of us have to wait it out and deal with the wailing, stomping, door-slamming, toy tossing, and drawing on walls displays of defiance when she's sent to her room. That's when I would use some physical discipline to say, "Cut this **** out now and listen to me." This atmosphere of fear thing baffles me. My daughter doesn't fear me. Spanking, when used effectively, is just another tool. We can all be friends but, as a parent, it is my primary job to be the provider, care-giver, protector, and TEACHER of my child. It is maddening to see parents who refuse to discipline push their children into the school system without self-control, ability to pay attention to the tasks at hand, respect for others, etc. If not the parents, then who?

The spankings I remember from my youth were like the ones in the video here. It is my opinion that this is spanking done wrong. This was anger, but I can't use the language as indicative of that anger. Some folks just have what I consider poor judgement in the language they're willing to level at their children. This guy is an *******.

I'd say things are looking grim for Judge Douchebag this morning..... :thumbsup:

And who's going to help in this investigation? :laugh:

You are *so* toast now, Judge...... the Texas Rangers don't play. :rulez:

And finally, this gem.... the abused girl speaks out herself on the Today show:

Linky-link: [video]http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/45146781#45146781[/video]

Even in the, um, progressive state of Texas, you just can't beat a disabled child with a leather strap for 7 minutes.... Judge Tough-Guy-with-a-Belt is about to get a rude awakening.

Excellent. :cheerleader:

Holding the video for 7 years and now the mother is claiming to be a victim. Mother and daughter don't pass the smell test.:nono:

I know many of you consider this abuse but I don't. There is a huge difference between discipline and abuse. getting a beating for doing something wrong is not the same as getting beat beacuse someone had a bad day at the office. She didn't follow his instructions to assume the position. If she had laid on her stomach, she probably would have only recieved a few licks. When I disciplining my kids, it will be worse if they are rebelous.

What will happen when someone doesn't comply with an order from a LEO? It gets ugly real fast. One of my former neighbors didn't comply because he was innocent. Not complying resulted in mace, broken windows, knee in the neck, injured shoulder, cuts on his face and charges of resisting arrest. He was absoultly right about being innocent, so they didn't charge him for what he was pulled over for but he still has a criminal record. I have been cuffed and stuffed for our mutual safety. By complying with the officers instructions I was let go with a thanks for my compliance and an apology for my lost time. I had to make up 30 minutes of lost time, after 10 years he still hasn't recovered from his resistance.

Say what you will about spanking or beating your kids, but a timeout will not prepare them for what happens to them in the real world. A belt is a lot better tham a criminal record or a bullet.

Both items addressed in the MSNBC Today video link posted above....

I watched it this morning. She said because she was a minor and didnt know what her dad would do....still doesnt address why now. Her mom said she was brain washed and didnt know of the video until a few months ago and only seen it last month.......she obviously didnt trust her mom either.

I am not condoning what he did at all....just saying her Mom is as guilty.

Time might tell us the truth, but I doubt we will ever know the truth about what was going through the minds of daughter, father, or mother. This entire matter leaves plenty of unanswered questions in my mind. I see an incorrigible child / teenager who still has not grown up. I see a man who went too far, more so with the language and overall handling of the matter than the spanking, of course I don't know the situation but as hard core as I am I don't completely understand this punishment in regards to a sixteen year old. Mom is divorced and left dad when the child was 6 months old .......... I'm sorry but I have to deal with this stuff day in and day out and people have no shame in what they do these days.

If you watch the video carefully it's hard to get she was beaten out of it, if you just take in what was done with the belts, her clothing, her actions before, during, and after the fact. She gets up, no crying and moves to check or turn off the camera as soon as her parents leave the room. Seven years afterwards she's in contact with her father, and doesn't like the outcome and post the video. I don't think he can be criminally charged after seven years. He will probably lose his job and possibly his ability to work in his field. Don't know if she can even take civil action after seven years.

When we have children they don't hand out manuals, and every child is different. I deal with children and some who have become adults with children that would make all of you sick.

At sixteen years of age ( without any knowledge of what was going on with this young woman at 16 or in that household ) I would have pulled the computer. My kids never had a computer in they're bedroom. I've seen some very good parents that were forced to put spyware on their kids computers. It's a crazy world we live in.

My children were spanked as small children, as they got older punishment varied and depended on all sorts of variables, but it went the way of no Ninetendo, no friends over this weekend, TV privileges, car keys. I've already heard one parent state his daughter doesn't stay over night. My kids were encouraged to have their friends come to our home and it was usually for the weekend. I knew my children's friends and their parents well. Now-a-days parents have so much more to worry about. We live in an agricultural community. The counties entire pop. is 20K. We have the same problems that parents in NYC have. Parents having sexual contact or inappropriate behavior with kids, handing out alcohol, handing out dope. In our society we no longer have parents but parents who want to be their kids friend.

I might be all wrong on this, but I think there's more to this story than we get out of this video. Lets see where it goes.

Some rather amazing replies to this thread. Interesting that some appear to want to give the "benefit of the doubt" to this child-beater. Has the Judge done or said anything recently that would prompt us to give him the benefit of the doubt? :dunno:

Well, let's examine the words that came out of this abuser's mouth yesterday... this from :

but yeah, that's me. I lost my temper," Adams told the TV station. "Her mother was there, she wasn't hurt ... it was a long time ago ... I really don't want to get into this right now because as you can see my life's been made very difficult over this child."

The bolded words tell you everything you need to know.... it's all about HIM, and how HIS life has been made difficult "over this child".

So, in other words, Judge Childbeater here is a self-absorbed, narcissistic sociopath that wants to transfer ownership of his felony child abuse over to the daughter, and/or to simply make light of it as "no big deal".

Right. Makes sense. Suspect the daughter probably put a gun to his head and forced him to scream the following epithets to her (you can hear all of these on the vid):

• "You don't deserve to be in this fu*king house
  • "Bend over the bed, bend over the fu*king bed dammit"
  • "Lay down or I'll spank you in your fu*king face"
  • "I'm going to beat you into submission."
  • "I'm going to wear your fu*king ass out"

Show of hands of those who believe screaming these obscenities to a frightened child while beating her relentlessly for 7 minutes with a leather strap is good parenting? I mean, hey, screaming at children doesn't leave blood or visible bruises, right? So c'mon, raise your hand before you are labeled as one of those weak, "time-out" parents....

Some rather amazing replies to this thread. Interesting that some appear to want to give the "benefit of the doubt" to this child-beater. Has the Judge done or said anything recently that would prompt us to give him the benefit of the doubt? :dunno:

Well, let's examine the words that came out of this abuser's mouth yesterday... this from :

The bolded words tell you everything you need to know.... it's all about HIM, and how HIS life has been made difficult "over this child".

So, in other words, Judge Childbeater here is a self-absorbed, narcissistic sociopath that wants to transfer ownership of his felony child abuse over to the daughter, and/or to simply make light of it as "no big deal".

Right. Makes sense. Suspect the daughter probably put a gun to his head and forced him to scream the following epithets to her (you can hear all of these on the vid):

• "You don't deserve to be in this fu*king house
  • "Bend over the bed, bend over the fu*king bed dammit"
  • "Lay down or I'll spank you in your fu*king face"
  • "I'm going to beat you into submission."
  • "I'm going to wear your fu*king ass out"

Show of hands of those who believe screaming these obscenities to a frightened child while beating her relentlessly for 7 minutes with a leather strap is good parenting? I mean, hey, screaming at children doesn't leave blood or visible bruises, right? So c'mon, raise your hand before you are labeled as one of those weak, "time-out" parents....

I think everyone here agrees that his words were out of line, but he didn't beat her for 7 minutes. As far as his statement goes, until you have been through a CPS investigation you can't understand how bad it can be. It doesn't stop there, it can come back and haunt you years later. You don't know what he means by that. He could be talking about problem on the job, he could be talking about his ex and daughter trying to get something out of him.

I don't think anybody has said he was 100% correct in his actions, be many agree that there is more to the story on the part of the ex and daughter than we are getting.

I don't think anybody has said he was 100% correct in his actions, be many agree that there is more to the story on the part of the ex and daughter than we are getting.

Well... you might be entirely correct. Seriously.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if the Judge will come forward with whatever this additional part of the story might be. That is to say: if there are additional parts to the story (regarding the daughter/mother) that aids the defense of the Judge, then it's reasonable to assume the Judge will inform all at some point.

What a total ****ing *******! That took me down memory lane- thats why I enlisted @ 17. And my parents wonder why I never returned home.

It is most enlightening reading everyone's comments. You can pretty much see those who have been abused, or do the abusing (which is probably one in the same). Sad that this stuff goes on, and even more sad that many of us take no responsibility for the way our kids act/react.

It is most enlightening reading everyone's comments. You can pretty much see those who have been abused, or do the abusing (which is probably one in the same). Sad that this stuff goes on, and even more sad that many of us take no responsibility for the way our kids act/react.

Both the mother and father need to some counseling and jail time

I watched the vid. First let me say this, what the parent both did is wrong. When you discipline a child it must never be in anger. Those of you who have kids know how hard this can be for sure. What they did would be considered abuse both mentally and physically. She definately deserved a wack or two but the verbal onslaught wasnt needed for sure. The first step in disciplining a child should be a calm conversation as to what the child did wrong and the result or repricution for that action.

On a side note people are making this out worse than what it is though. I see comments saying the beating lasted 7 min etc. Thats a lie. She was not beaten for 7 minutes. I think a grand total of like 7-10 wacks was administered. Lets keep this thing real. Did she deserve a spanking??? Well 16 is getting a little bit old for that in my opinion, but first music theft and movies whats next? Heck who knows with these kids now days. So yes she did deserve to be punished. I dont think she deserved all that she got though. On the flip side of the coin she refused to obey and bend over the bed. Would you as a parent allow your child to dictate how you are going to punish them? I have 4 children and i do discipline as its needed. Would i ever go as far as this creep did? Heck no. Have i ever cursed at one of my kids? Yup i think every parent has and if you say you havent then you must be raising programmed robots cause all kids try there darndest to test an push limits.

So i guess ultimately this dude was way out of hand. His wife is a spineless sheep. I dont fall for the programmed beaten down crap. Thats a bs excuse woman use to blame it on men. She is just as responsible as he is for the discipline. She had no problems taking his strap away from him and spanking the girl herself. As to why this is all coming out now. I am sure she has been extorting money from the guy and he finally has had enough. He stopped payment on her credit card or something and she got mad.

Back