Fall Bash - Sep 21-23 2012

You guys be safe and have fun up there. This is what I am riding now. Torn meniscus membrane, 75%, removed and now waiting to get off crutches.

knee.jpg

Well the bash bite me again! I stopped in to get some new tires for the trip. Left home this morning and got to South Hill when I started to hear some nasty grinding from the rear wheel. I stopped to take a look but there was nothing obvious wrong, which was bad news because you just don't want to rear that sound coming from the inside of the engine. Well decided to try and ride to a safe place to stop and headed down the road with flashers on at about 20-30 mph. Suddenly the bike literally pitched sideways. Was lucky to get it stopped withou a tip over. Turns out they put the thing together wrong and it sredded the bearings. Everyone I called around here said bearings never go bad, we don't stock them. So I'm stranded - No Bash, No Dragon. I spent the day in a tow truck and spent my hotel money getting home. These dealers really suck!

Stranded.jpg

Well the bash bite me again! I stopped in to get some new tires for the trip. Left home this morning and got to South Hill when I started to hear some nasty grinding from the rear wheel. I stopped to take a look but there was nothing obvious wrong, which was bad news because you just don't want to rear that sound coming from the inside of the engine. Well decided to try and ride to a safe place to stop and headed down the road with flashers on at about 20-30 mph. Suddenly the bike literally pitched sideways. Was lucky to get it stopped withou a tip over. Turns out they put the thing together wrong and it sredded the bearings. Everyone I called around here said bearings never go bad, we don't stock them. So I'm stranded - No Bash, No Dragon. I spent the day in a tow truck and spent my hotel money getting home. These dealers really suck!

That sucks man!!! And dealers SUCK TOO!!!!

NEVER WRENCH ON YOUR BIKE ON RACE DAY don't ask me why....really sorry to hear that Arch.

I usually test things out but got in a hurry to get down there. Looks like I'll have to not crash until the Spring Bash now!

I usually test things out but got in a hurry to get down there. Looks like I'll have to not crash until the Spring Bash now!

Wow, willy, I am really really sorry to hear this. Repeat after me... I will ask Shawn, John, Omar, Tim or another oRg'ster to work on my scoot and never, ever, ever take her to a dealer again...

Wow, willy, I am really really sorry to hear this. Repeat after me... I will ask Shawn, John, Omar, Tim or another oRg'ster to work on my scoot and never, ever, ever take her to a dealer again...

I'll do the brakes! Er, wait, you meant EarlyBird, didn't ya? :lol:

Sometimes Shawn, I really do believe you'd rather work on your bike than ride it :)

We will have NONE OF THAT at TEAM GIXXER Trackdays! Trackdays are for RIDING, not WRENCHING! :cheerleader:

Today is our last day at the Bash. Dan and I have to leave a day early due to work schedules. We'll get the most out of out last day, and tomorrow start counting the days until we can come back to the Smoky Mountains.

Im going to ride over tomrw after work. Is most ppl at the Phillips or just riding around in the area? I get out of work around noon. So prolly looking at noonthirty

Well last man standing again! , Dan and Diana just left for Texas, and there 16 hour trip!

I'm Willie Shawn, Willy is the whale. It's ok though, I often get confused with the whale, especially when I'm tanning on the beach. I once had some eskimos chase me with harpoons.....:rofl::rofl:

(No I'm not offended, just can't pass up a good even if I'm the subject):thumbsup:

Great meeting all the old members again and meeting a few very nice people for the first time. It was short for me this time around,

but at least I made it :laugh:

I hope I don't leave anyone out if I do post up.

TY John and Jen for having me in my first ever cabin adventure. I really appreciate it.

Doug, Caye, Kevin can't say TY enough for the BBQ and to all the ladies that helped with the meal, corn shucking and all :laugh: (Doug would not take money)

Jon, Tim, and Kim TY for inviting me to breakfast. I really enjoyed myself TY.

Gary TY for putting me up Thursday night, and for introducing me to the girls. Had a great time and slept well.

To all of you that rode. TY , I enjoyed your company and the rides. Well there was that moment of embarrassment :blush:

Dan and Diana good seeing you again. Best of luck in all things, nice Loti :laugh:

Made it in last night, need to get the low beam replaced, the lighting isn't that great without the low beam.

Back