Fair price for used busa

Smitty0322

Registered
Hello guys and gals. I am looking at buying a " new to me " busa in early March maybe even April. Trying to get a good idea of what you current busa owners think is a good deal. I am in the middle TN area. I am finding some guys that are asking $6000 for a stock 06 with 18000 mi. but also finding dealers asking $8995 for an 08......? need some adivice from the experienced.

looking more toward the gen II. I like the body style a lot more. plus the extra HP and better brakes already on it

Smitty I was like you not but about a year ago . Lurking , thinking , deciding . Found one nice original owner Gen 1 . Needed a front tire as it was original .
6000 something miles on the clocks , D&D slip on cans . Never down . It was a 2006 if I remember correctly . $7000 was the price . He wouldn't budge either .
I felt $6000 was fair . Needless to say I really wanted Gen II with Brembos 2013 - current model . Got one brand new for 10 something after TTL it was $12,994.00 . Granted that is double the used one . It with TTL would of been about $6500 plus tire / maintenance stuff .
I'm happy with the New bike . Like said its your choice :) Used Gen II's though @ 8500 plus I would go NEW if your wallet / credit will allow .

yea I was looking around I have looked on ever CL ad within every state surrounding TN ( which is a lot) and along with doing that I was reading some of the post on the general topics forum here on the org. GP2001 was asking the same ? but about different year. Derrick0580 had posted " There's a 2013 with 0 miles in michigan for 9500.....just gotta look around for a left over, 8500 for an 08 is entirely too much " so that's kind of what has my head rolling

the prices just vary so much I wanted to ask some of the guys who have been around them a lot longer than I have.

just found a 2012 white 3500 mi for 8500 in AL. <-------THIS is what makes me think I should be able to get a 08 for like 6..... right or wrong ?

There really isn't much difference in the price of any of the gen 2 08-12. 2013-2015 are going to run about just a tad higher.

Thanks to all. I still have a couple of months before I purchase so I still have a little time to ponder. Thanks again

Come April the prices will start going up ( riding season is starting ) Shop around you might find a good deal on an '08 around $7K. Best of luck

Back