F1 chec code

Cisco2238

Registered
Just bought a 07 Hayabusa and it runs great but it keeps flashing a f1 and chec code alternately and a red light stays on. Doesn't seem to affect the engine but my fuel gauge is not marking. When you turn the key it goes to full then empty and stays there with amber light staying on. Any help for this newbie would be greatly appreciated

You will need to put it in "dealer mode" to get the malfunction code. On the left hand side underneath the front seat is a white plug with two wires that is not plugged into anything (I think most have a rubber cap covering the end). You need to use a jumper wire to connect those two wires together, then turn the key on and it will flash a "C" code.

Someone recently posted a similar thread recently.
Chances are it could be that the wires to the pump are unplugged or the fuel sending unit is not working.
Lift the tank and check the wires if they are properly secure.

Thanks I will see if I can locate the wires and jumper to get c code. Will code let me know what the problem?

You will find the code definitions starting on page 8-2. More in depth testing starting on page 4-28 of the service manual that dadofthree posted

Back