Exhaust Options For Stage One And Stage Two Kits

Discussion in 'Powerhouse Motorcycles' started by POWERHOUSE, Feb 19, 2016.

1. POWERHOUSE

POWERHOUSE Frank Site Sponsor Registered

Contests won:
    Name:
    Frank
    full_pipe_with_c_4921eaa745dd3_160x160.jpg _DSC8674- e8-sharp-rcc stg1 - full pipe- short muffler- graeme.jpg _DSC1171- rcc short muffler.jpg For those of you who would rather not join the dump pipe crowd, RCC TURBOS offers two options. The Full pipe with carbon can, which is the most "stealth" and looks most like your bike has a 4 into 1 pipe, this full system adds $700 to the kit price.

The other option is the new megaphone style pipe, which comes both in raw stainless, for $650 and the black ceramic version, for $850.

All of the above pipes run the external wastegate pipe as a "turn down" into the main exhaust behind the fairing . . .

mjl3truck likes this.
  2. Busa492

Busa492 Registered

Contests won:
    Frank, please forgive the noob question. Is there a gain in performance in the stage one or 2 kit by adding an exhaust vs. traditional dump pipe? Not asking for hard numbers, but if there is a gain in performance, how much additional HP might be added if any?

3. POWERHOUSE

Contests won:
    Name:
    Frank
    Turbos don't generally appreciate back pressure, although we have seen some differences because of the addition of a full system. On setups where an internal gate (flapper valve) is used, a full exhaust tends to dampen the tendency for boost spiking. Obviously, that is not an issue with any RCC kit. The stealth full system does not gain performance, instead quiets the exhaust note down as you would expect. We have seen torque gains with the use of the megaphone system . . .

4. Busa492

Busa492 Registered

Contests won:
    Thank you for you reply

5. MSHax

MSHax Registered

Contests won:
    Is there a package deal that can be made to add this to a stage one kit? I just dumped $5k on a fat tire kit, and a some miscellaneous accessories, but just thinking about my next upgrade; I HAVE to do a turbo, I just don't want it open pipe like the stage one has.

6. POWERHOUSE

Contests won:
    Name:
    Frank
    Okay, here is what we are going to do, and this will only be good until the RCC Turbos spring sale is over in five more days. If you order a turbo kit, you can get the RCC Megaphone style full pipe in black for $800, or in raw stainless for $620. Again, this is only good until the end of February. You can reserve this pricing by either placing your order right away, or getting a deposit in towards your kit, again, before the end of February!