Exhaust Identification

OneTrickBusa

Registered
Hello All,

Can anyone identify this Yoshimura exhaust muffler application & possibly indicate if it will fit a 2007 Hayabusa ? Thanks, I just trying to get the beast together. Thanks!

Exhaust.png

Ok this maybe a noob question but why does yoshi's website say the RS3 boltons are not intended for road use? Im pretty sure thats what i have on my 05.

Ok this maybe a noob question but why does yoshi's website say the RS3 boltons are not intended for road use? Im pretty sure thats what i have on my 05.

Most aftermarket cans or full systems do not meet federal regulations, so in order to sell them, they are stamped for off road use only.

Most aftermarket cans or full systems do not meet federal regulations, so in order to sell them, they are stamped for off road use only.

Correct. Which the only place you really have to worry is California. Unless...........you get the newest ones that are for on road use. I think the R-77's I just put on my 09 are for street use, but I could be mistaken.

The Yoshi's run well with a busa. Are you getting that one? Full system?
Posted via Mobile Device

Correct. Which the only place you really have to worry is California. Unless...........you get the newest ones that are for on road use. I think the R-77's I just put on my 09 are for street use, but I could be mistaken.

My R-77s say off road use only. And let me tell you, the 'Busa is a beast offroad! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I checked the website & there are a wide array of exhaust products. I am considering a full exhaust with mufflers. Most importantly, I like the style & sound of this muffler. I am curious if this is an R-22 since I can't seem to find this exact muffler. If I go with a full exhaust, I guess I will have to have it remapped. Any advantage wrapping the exhaust to reduce heat or is that even necessary?

My R-77s say off road use only. And let me tell you, the 'Busa is a beast offroad! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I think your right, maybe it was the FMF's I was looking at that were for on road use. I looked at so many before I purchased I dont remember. :banghead:

I have though of it too! I have read a lot that the aftermarket exhausts are a swap. Some need modification to the belly wing, and removed/loosened for oil changes. I would hate to put out the money and have it not work.

I checked the website & there are a wide array of exhaust products. I am considering a full exhaust with mufflers. Most importantly, I like the style & sound of this muffler. I am curious if this is an R-22 since I can't seem to find this exact muffler. If I go with a full exhaust, I guess I will have to have it remapped. Any advantage wrapping the exhaust to reduce heat or is that even necessary?

You won't need to worry about getting your bike remapped with a Yosh system. Read their website well, and find that they reduce HP or increase HP very little.

Most people don't wrap their headers to reduce heat but to keep the heat equal for performance gains. For riding down the road I wouldn't do it. No real advantage, and it's hard enough getting the oil filter out as it is. Header tubes look sexy unbandaged :laugh:

The bike in the picture above is a ZX-14. I had the same exhaust on my ZX-14, which I traded in as a down payment on my Busa. The R-22 is the same exact exhaust as the TRC, except it doesn't have the big Yoshimura logo on it.

Back