Evil Swingarm

piratediverjefff

Registered
Threw on an Evil swingarm(2"-6",set at 4" over/62" right now),EK 3D chain,and Vortex CAT5 47T rear sprocket Thurs.May lower the rear another 1" or so(already drops another good 1"+ right now with my 250 lb. lard azz on it:D),just need to make sure the tire doesn't rub from a hard launch or if I hit a big pothole.

Evil%20Swingarm%202-20-2016%20008_zpsvpky131u.jpg

Evil%20Swingarm%202-20-2016%20003_zpsjkjlwbfm.jpg

Evil%20Swingarm%202-20-2016%20010_zpshmph565s.jpg

Evil%20Swingarm%202-20-2016%20005_zpsse0ph1ol.jpg

Damn, that looks good. I wish you would quit doing stuff to you bike, you costing me a fortune trying to keep up.

Hell,I'm trying to keep up with you bro.:DThe arm with all new bearings,chainguard,powder coated matte black and with shipping ran only $660(with only about an 8 day wait from the time I placed the order),the chain was $240 shipped,and the sprocket was about $70.Also had to get a 36mm socket($15),a spanner nut socket(Motion Pro-$58)and the hex axle tool(Motion Pro-$38)just to get the swingarm off.Can't forget another Motion Pro PBR chain breaker($80)to replace the one I loaned out back in July and never saw again(damned guy anyway),so all total just under $1200 to do the swap but I like the look(and should cut down on roll on/WOT 1st gear wheelies[which was a major player in my decision]so I'm good).Gonna ride down to Lake Elsinore in a few minutes and try it out.:thumbsup:

Thanks bro,just took it down the road and back and need to tighten up the rear spring travel a bit,just barely rubbed a few times right under the taillight when I'd go over a bumpy stretch of road(I heard they're set up from the factory for about a 165 lb. rider,just a tad squishy for 250 lbs.:D).

Looks fantastic. I have a similar length (maybe 5inches over, can go up to 6), lowered 1.5in front, around that in the rear (fully adjustable links so it's hard to tell), and I weigh 165 suited. I generally only rub when 2up. Stiffening up the rebound and preload a bit while on the street or while 2up has fixed it so far. I want to drop it another inch in the rear and see if it rubs when I launch at the track. I think it'll probably rub unless I get a new tail.

What's up Bobby B,last I heard you'd went out back to take a dump and the hogs ate ya?:lol:

I'm using the adjustable links bro.

We need to hook up one of these weekends,haven't seen you in ages(have added a CO2 shifter lately,it's the bomb buddy).:super:

Wow that looks great !

Almost looks stock like slozuka should have offered that from the factory .

Bike doesn't look as stubby now .

What's next ?

Turbo ?

:thumbsup::firing:

:race:

This second generation Hayabusa is done right ~ PirateDiverJeff has been down the turbo road before . . .

evil-20swingarm-202-20-2016-20008_zpsvpky131u-jpg.1567453.jpg

I only went 4" over(on a 2"-6"),just enough to keep the front end down in 1st and 2nd gear and still handles fine on mountain roads.That's an older pic,since then I've added a Cycle-Tek CO2 shifter,took off the license plate,and lowered the rear another 1 1/2"-2".

Back