Ever have one of THOSE rides?

busa1300nut

Registered
Well, I put new tires on fri, scuffed em in on sat, and got up early sunday to ride up to Foothills pky, then over the Dragon, and back home the same way. The weather report was PM showers! Well, we haven,t had rain in Knoxville for like 6 or 8 weeks, so I,m thinking, ah, I,ll be home before the rain.
The ride up was one of the best I,v had all summer, new tires had a lot to do with that, she was on a rail, lol. No cops in sight on Foothills Pky, only saw one trooper on the Dragon, he had a cager pulled over, didn,t have to wait on anybody, I was alone, and all and all just a good ride.
Well, by the time I reach the C R O T store, I noticed the sky was getting a lil darker, so I grab a gatorade and walk around for a min, and decide to head on back across the mountain. I felt the first rain drop as soon as I crossed back into TN, and about 4 miles later, it started to come down pretty good, and of coarse I didn,t stuff the frog togs under the hump, since it hadn,t rained in so long and all, lol.
So I make it down the Dragon and pull over at a covered pic nic table, pic enclosed, and wait it out for about 30 mins. or so, and by then I could tell it was sit in for the day, so I mount back up and head back over foothills pky, the higher I climbed, the harder it raind, and the colder it got, but I pressed on, just takeing my time, then i rounded a corner, and there was crowed gathered by the side of the rode, someone had laid down a cruise of some kind, but there was plenty of help on the scene, so I pressed on, hopeing the best for the guy.
By the time I get back to the highway to head back to knoxville, I had to pull over because I couldn,t see 3 foot in front of me, and there was bbq joint that was closed, but it had one of those carports for sale in the parking lot, and I pull under it. There was 1 guy on a Harley, and a tree huger hiker on foot there when I pulled in. The Harley guy says to me, I spent my life savings on my Harley two weeks ago, and I don,t even know if I have enough gas money to get home! I,m like, oh hell, he,s gonna bum money! lol. Then the hiker says, If that bbq place was open, I would ask them for something to eat! I,m like, dam, I better get the hell outa here before i get mugged or something! lol
So I mount back up, wet and cold, but the rain had slacked enough to see, so I pressed on toward the house. I get 10 miles from home without any problems or close calls, and as I change lanes, all of sudden, I felt the rear tire break loose, and I was already glanceing over my right should to check my blind spot, when I saw something out of the corner of my eye, it was my HUMP! The back had started around, but as soon as I backed off the throtle, it straightened right back up. Momentum was my friend that time, but the pucker factor was way up!
So 15 minutes later, I pull in my drive way, glad to be home safe and sound, go in and shower, put dry clothes on, and then spend 2 hours cleaning the Busa back up, just so I can do it all again the first chance I get.
Sorry for the long post, but it,s STILL raining here, and i have nothing else to do.

Picture 040.jpg

Picture 057.jpg

Sounds like a good day of riding. Oh and on the best color scheme to boot.

That's the way it goes sometimes. I rarely have a bad ride but every once in awhile it seems nothing can go right.

Too funny! i had one, only yesterday lol.

i've been trying to check out this camp site up north and decided yesterday was the day. WRONG! It was nice and humid for a good part of the day so the ride started off real nice. 50 miles into the ride a little drizzle.Not bad. About 80 miles into the ride, it got heavier but nothing to affect visibility but i was damp. Had a few drops of water sipping into my mesh jacket too but I kept it moving. By the time i got to my destination, I was soaked. dripping soaked! No where to seek shelter, except porta porties! and I was surronded by trees, even worse.

Anyway, i still accomplished my mission and decided to head back home. Half hour into the ride, I couldn't take it. I pulled over into a hotel and asked the lady if i could use their Laundry services. She was kind enough to hand me a towel and let me use the machines but she did explain someone was doing laundry. They only had one washer and dryer!! I figured i'd wait a few minutes. In the Laundry room, a gentleman showed up to switch the laundry and explained he was gonna be a while. I asked if I could throw at least my helmet pads and T-shirt in there for 20 minutes, he declined and left. At this point I knew i wasnt gonna be happy putting on wet clothes. I did what i usually would'nt do, opened up the dryer, threw my helmet pads and shirt in there. since I have no luck, the guy shows up 15 minutes later! crap, now he's gonna sit here and wait for he's clothes. At that point i knew i wasnt leaving my helmet pads in there. the T-shirt, i could care less but I needed my helmet pads. But the guy just came back to set the timer! but most likely to make sure i didnt throw my stuff in there lol. As soon as he left, i grabbed my stuff out the dryer. everything was nice and warm but definately not dry. i put my stuff together, and left!

The trip back was worse. It was pouring real heavy, visibility was really bad. i could barely see the car infront of me and some cars had their lights off so swithing lanes was a difficult, turing my head to look back...forget about it. I had to stop. called the wife and told her the situation and she explained to me how nice and warm it was at home. ( You bleep, bleep, bleep!!). So as am pumping gas and switching visors,the rain stops. so i get back on the saddle,sure enough, the weather cleared up, roads were dry, and it was warm. When i got home, wifey had a nice pot of chicken soup waiting for me!

Am defintely buying rain gear pronto.

Juli and I rode south one day to Dan and Diana. It rained cats and dogs for almost the entire trip. On the way home I passed a car and right as I crossed the line to go around, my rear tire spun on the white paint line in the middle of the road, rear came around a little but I was on the gas to pass the car. It happened so fast I never back out of the throttle. As luck would have it the only thing that happened was my wifes right hand against the back of my helmet.

But I have had far far worse rides than that.

Too funny! i had one, only yesterday lol.

i've been trying to check out this camp site up north and decided yesterday was the day. WRONG! It was nice and humid for a good part of the day so the ride started off real nice. 50 miles into the ride a little drizzle.Not bad. About 80 miles into the ride, it got heavier but nothing to affect visibility but i was damp. Had a few drops of water sipping into my mesh jacket too but I kept it moving. By the time i got to my destination, I was soaked. dripping soaked! No where to seek shelter, except porta porties! and I was surronded by trees, even worse.

Anyway, i still accomplished my mission and decided to head back home. Half hour into the ride, I couldn't take it. I pulled over into a hotel and asked the lady if i could use their Laundry services. She was kind enough to hand me a towel and let me use the machines but she did explain someone was doing laundry. They only had one washer and dryer!! I figured i'd wait a few minutes. In the Laundry room, a gentleman showed up to switch the laundry and explained he was gonna be a while. I asked if I could throw at least my helmet pads and T-shirt in there for 20 minutes, he declined and left. At this point I knew i wasnt gonna be happy putting on wet clothes. I did what i usually would'nt do, opened up the dryer, threw my helmet pads and shirt in there. since I have no luck, the guy shows up 15 minutes later! crap, now he's gonna sit here and wait for he's clothes. At that point i knew i wasnt leaving my helmet pads in there. the T-shirt, i could care less but I needed my helmet pads. But the guy just came back to set the timer! but most likely to make sure i didnt throw my stuff in there lol. As soon as he left, i grabbed my stuff out the dryer. everything was nice and warm but definately not dry. i put my stuff together, and left!

The trip back was worse. It was pouring real heavy, visibility was really bad. i could barely see the car infront of me and some cars had their lights off so swithing lanes was a difficult, turing my head to look back...forget about it. I had to stop. called the wife and told her the situation and she explained to me how nice and warm it was at home. ( You bleep, bleep, bleep!!). So as am pumping gas and switching visors,the rain stops. so i get back on the saddle,sure enough, the weather cleared up, roads were dry, and it was warm. When i got home, wifey had a nice pot of chicken soup waiting for me!

Am defintely buying rain gear pronto.

Thats a good story too! I would have done the same thing with the dryer!

Juli and I rode south one day to Dan and Diana. It rained cats and dogs for almost the entire trip. On the way home I passed a car and right as I crossed the line to go around, my rear tire spun on the white paint line in the middle of the road, rear came around a little but I was on the gas to pass the car. It happened so fast I never back out of the throttle. As luck would have it the only thing that happened was my wifes right hand against the back of my helmet.

But I have had far far worse rides than that.[/QUOT

Yeh, I,v had a lot worse rides than Sundays, but I,m usually a lil more prepared. lol

I got soaked the other day too. Same thing, its not going to rain on me and if it does rain I will be long gone......wrong. Glad you made it home okay.

Glad you made it home, I'd rather the azz wash out than the nose. Cell phones catch heck in that stuff.

Glad you had a good ride and got home safe. Its really amazing that we are both long time members that live so close and have never met. We need to meet up and ride sometime. I will be at the bash if your going, look me up. Shoot me a PM next time you go to the Gap and maybe I can ride up that way. :)

Back