english lesson

kitchener rider

I was cheap, so all I got was a lousy t-shirt
Registered
No English dictionary has been able to explain the difference between the two words COMPLETE and FINISHED, in a way that's easy to understand.

Some people say there is no difference between COMPLETE & FINISHED.

I beg to differ because, there is : ....

When you marry the right woman, you are "COMPLETE".

And when you marry the wrong one, you are "FINISHED"!

And when the right one catches you with the wrong one, you are ... "COMPLETELY FINISHED" !!!

On the subject of "English lessons", can someone explain to me why it is that Americans say, "I could care less", when what they actually mean is, "I couldn't care less"?

On the subject of "English lessons", can someone explain to me why it is that Americans say, "I could care less", when what they actually mean is, "I couldn't care less"?

Some of us aren't all that bright... :lol:

Droid via Tapatalk

it's just like people saying 'irregardless'... when what they mean is 'regardless'... it is people trying to use words they think they know... 'myriad' is another of my pet-peeves...:rulez:

People also say "Daylight savings time" instead of Daylight saving time... I guess its time to start saving when I change my clock hahahha

Back