Engine Swap

kivmax

Registered
Ok guys, forgive me.  I do not own a Busa, I wanted to but could not come up with the dough.  I did however purchase a 99' Suzuki TL1000R.  This bike is cool, I love the look, but it lacks the power it needs.  Many guys pour thousands into their TL's to make them faster, for example: Full exhaust; Power Commander; Air Filter; Gearing etc.  I don't want to waste my money. Will one of you mechanical types tell me if it is possible to put a Busa engine in my TL1000R?  I see bikes all the time that have swapped engines, what can I do for mine?  I just figured why pay $2,000 to make my TL1000R a little faster when I might be able to save up for a Busa or Gixxer 1000 motor instead and get some REAL power.  

Let me know please, and remember, I may not ride a Busa but I am a Suzuki owner.  I do envy the Busa :super:

<!--EDIT|kivmax
Reason for Edit: None given...|1066617789 -->

Kiv the TL is a beautiful bike,i would'nt do an engine swap.Learn to ride it to its full potential and you will go by most bikes on the road.The future may have a Busa in store for you,if thats what you truly want in a bike and you'll be full ready for it.

fireworks_burst_group_lg_blk.gif

Kiv the TL is a beautiful bike,i would'nt do an engine swap.Learn to ride it to its full potential and you will go by most bikes on the road.The future may have a Busa in store for you,if thats what you truly want in a bike and you'll be full ready for it.
Right on Shoda! That is what I needed to hear from an experienced rider. I was hoping I did not waste my money on the TL1000R, it is unique in its own way much like a Busa is like nothing else on the planet.
Thanks again.
Kivmax

KivmaxTLR.JPG

The TL1000R is a sweet ride. Enjoy it as is. I can't believe that it did not sell better than it has and that Zuk has discontinued it. It still has a good following though and for good reason.

And anyway there is now way you could fit an inline 4 Busa engine in a V-twin chasis (spelling?). Not nearly wide enough. Keep the TL for the tight twisties and get a BUsa later for open road hauling and high speed carving.

I've always liked the TL --keep it as it is and enjoy the power... Plus the V-twin sounds and runs great!

Back