Engine cuts off while riding

wildchild16

Donating Member
Registered
I have a 2004 Hayabusa with 13K miles.  I have an airshifter, TRE, PCIII, Brocks map, Street megaphone.  I ran some fuel injector cleaner purchased from Autozone.  I was riding on the highway and my bike would just shutoff.  The F1 light would come on.  The code is displaying C 32-35 (fuel injector).  Could the fuel injector cleaner possibly damaged my injectors?  Please help. I also have one of those shutoff cords thats located near the throttle and you connect to your jacket in case you fall off the bike.

lurk.gif
bump

The aerosol throttle body cleaner will do that, you have to run the throttle open to blow all that crap out.

I'd drain the tank and start fresh.

I don't know if I can be of much help, but I had a similar experience with my bike shuting off while I was riding. The gauges would go all crazy, the speedometer would go up to 160 and back down to 0, when I'd be going 60. But the problem was my battery cables rattled loose off the terminals. So thats an easy place to start without getting to in depth with figuring out the problem. Check out your cables!

bluegrab.gif

I unplugged/plugged my PC and did not load a map. I ran a full tank of gas and not once did it shut off. Does this mean that my PC is bad.

(gammalight @ Jun. 03 2007,19:40) I don't know if I can be of much help, but I had a similar experience with my bike shuting off while I was riding.  The gauges would go all crazy, the speedometer would go up to 160 and back down to 0, when I'd be going 60.  But the problem was my battery cables rattled loose off the terminals.  So thats an easy place to start without getting to in depth with figuring out the problem.  Check out your cables!

bluegrab.gif
My bike shut off on me twice while sitting at a light today and bucked HARD when I took off. The FI light began flashing and I had no idea what was going on. When I got to work I parked it and came back to it an hour or 2 later. When I turned the bike on I noticed my time was an hour or so off. I paid it no mind, rode around a bit with no problems and parked it again. At the end of my shift I went back to my bike and when I switched it on I noticed the time was now off by 2 1/2 hours. I then began thinking about this thread and realized the clock is probably resetting because my cables might be loose. When I got to the battery I saw that's exactly what my problem was. I tightened them up and rode home without a single issue.

Thanks!  
beerchug.gif

Back