Engine change

Morne

Registered
Hi All

Will a 08 busa engine fit in a 2000 busa and if, what mods need to be done?

Morne
:please:

think of doing it the other way around... take a perfectly good Gen2 and swap the frame with the Gen 1 frame. I don't know what you would gain by doing this. It's not just a simple swap engine. Youve got to swap ecm, gauges, throttle housing, cooling system, etc.

Wasn't there a member not to long ago that did the Gen II engine swap into a Gen I and it was a straight swap with no major problems?

yup pretty much. I guess not knowing exactly what's trying to be done leaves alot of questions. If the Gen one bike just has a dead engine and there's a free Gen 2 engine lying around I would think figuring out what needs to be done with the gen 1 would be the first thing to do. Then see what can be used from the gen 2 engine.
Aren't the frames and engine externals the same?

yup pretty much. I guess not knowing exactly what's trying to be done leaves alot of questions. If the Gen one bike just has a dead engine and there's a free Gen 2 engine lying around I would think figuring out what needs to be done with the gen 1 would be the first thing to do. Then see what can be used from the gen 2 engine.

Yeah, I think it's a straight forward swap, including the things you listed above. And for the right price, definately worth doing.

Back