End of Warranty coming up.

zeepopo2

Registered
Hey Guys its Zeepopo, forgot my password and the email I used was more than a decade ago and I have no idea what it was lol. So new account for now.

Anyway my bike is coming out of warranty now. So far I only need to have the ignition lock replaced. It's kinda jammed up. But it got me thinking what else should I be looking over or have the dealer test and examine before the warranty is up? Paint on the swingarm is coming off but feels like a waste to replace a swingarm just because of some paint issues. Unless they paint it? Not sure how that would go. Let me know what you guys think should be tested and looked over.

It would be nice if dealerships (bike, car/truck) would have the forethought to bring a vehicle in 6 months before end of warranty to do a check over to catch anything before the warranty is up.....I know why they don't because it's all about the money and how to get it out of your wallet....

If it were me, I'd ask for a peace of mind inspection, maybe they'll pick something up that is covered...

I did that with my pick up before the warranty was up and everything was good to go, I told my dealership what I wanted and what my intent was....if they were honest and looked after me, I'd be back, if not this would be the last they see of my truck...fortunately they were awesome and looked after me....

It would be nice if dealerships (bike, car/truck) would have the forethought to bring a vehicle in 6 months before end of warranty to do a check over to catch anything before the warranty is up.....I know why they don't because it's all about the money and how to get it out of your wallet....

If it were me, I'd ask for a peace of mind inspection, maybe they'll pick something up that is covered...

I did that with my pick up before the warranty was up and everything was good to go, I told my dealership what I wanted and what my intent was....if they were honest and looked after me, I'd be back, if not this would be the last they see of my truck...fortunately they were awesome and looked after me....

Warranty work makes little to no profit, and they have to try and sell you something else while you're there.

Hey Guys its Zeepopo, forgot my password and the email I used was more than a decade ago and I have no idea what it was lol. So new account for now.

Anyway my bike is coming out of warranty now. So far I only need to have the ignition lock replaced. It's kinda jammed up. But it got me thinking what else should I be looking over or have the dealer test and examine before the warranty is up? Paint on the swingarm is coming off but feels like a waste to replace a swingarm just because of some paint issues. Unless they paint it? Not sure how that would go. Let me know what you guys think should be tested and looked over.

I wouldn't worry about it

Warranty work makes little to no profit, and they have to try and sell you something else while you're there.
Of course....however, in rare occasions the service manager has more than just a hat rack on their shoulders and can see the big picture of looking after a customer which equates to a repeat customer and an advocate of bringing in more customers...

My dealership is stellar, if they do anything to my truck, I'm allowed to go into the garage and see what it is they want to do before hand and have the tech explain the process....

Of course they love my truck and I have been told many times that when I want to sell it, come to them (techs) first...

The techs are employed and paid by the dealership but the dealership is who loses out. They can’t charge Suzuki what they charge us for labor or parts. Warranty work is dead time for the service department. Shop labor around here is $120 per hour. And they can’t charge Suzuki that much. And we all know that the retail price for parts is nowhere near what the dealer cost is. Luckily I’ve never had to have warranty work on the Busa and only an ABS rotor had to be replaced by Kawasaki @ 4,000 miles. And the dealer fought me at first claiming that the rotor was a ‘wearable’ part and not covered under warranty. I countered…’at 4,000 miles’? They paid.

Of course....however, in rare occasions the service manager has more than just a hat rack on their shoulders and can see the big picture of looking after a customer which equates to a repeat customer and an advocate of bringing in more customers...
My old Store Manager at Lowe's said a lifetime customer is worth over 70K. That might explain why he replaced a customer 3,000 dollar Fridge that fell out of his truck when he didn't tie it down.

My old Store Manager at Lowe's said a lifetime customer is worth over 70K. That might explain why he replaced a customer 3,000 dollar Fridge that fell out of his truck when he didn't tie it down.
Smart thinking! Many businesses think of making a quick buck now, instead of thinking about return happy customers later.

In my experience, people that get good treatment not only remain faithful to a business, they spread the good word to friends and family. It's such an obvious psychology thing.

An old friend of mine is an independent car mechanic. During the pandemic, he was still busy with car after car, because he is honest, charges good prices, and does good work.

When he is not wrenching, he's also an independent contractor. Same thing. Gets job after job and keeps getting recommended by word of mouth. He is very picky and perfectionist with everything he does, and that means happy clients.

Back