Ed Bargy

LA Busa

Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, heres the deal....

I am thinking about cancelling the second of our annual trips to Deals Gap for the Fall Busa Bash!

Sept. 21 is my B'day (not that that is any BFD) and I am thinking of doing something a little different.

There is a school in Jennings FL, about 4 hours from here where Ed Bargy holds track classes. BUT.... he also holds them at Barber Motorsports Park as well and guess what?!
On Sept 21 he is holding one at Barber!

The thing is $400 for the one day class and I figure I could learn more doing that than going to the Bash. I HATE to cancel that trip (love you guys) but dang, I'd love to go have someone actually teach me about riding....

Anyone taken this class?
Any words of wisdom?
There are some things that have to be done to the bike (wiring up certain bolts, taping off things, removing blinkers, something about which I have no idea.. etc) and I am assuming that they will let me do it on the Busa.... i just dont know and I'd hate to show up the morning of the class and have the bike underprepared and get kicked out....

I am probably going to do this alone as my riding buds will probably poo poo the idea.... and that part is bugging me too...

Someone should go with me!!!! Yeah, thats it!

I dunno, yall talk some sense into me would'ya!

Vman, stand by for a PM and you may wind up charging me for some phone-based psych evals.....

cool.gif
Enjoy yourself. Make sure you get all of the rules early enough to get the bike preped for the track.

Randy,
That is awesome and if I was still there, I would go with you!
Some of the things to expect:
Safety wire on the oil plug, filler cap and oil filter
disconnect an tape off the turn signals and headlamp (blue painter's tape works well and comes off easilly)
Probably need to swap out your coolant for water wetter

Shin high boots
Leathers that zip together (onesies usually prefered)
Gauntlet gloves

I know there is more, most of the stuff isn't hard - but there will probably be some sort of tech inspection before the track time.

Enjoy!

(BusaWhipped @ Aug. 06 2007,18:12)
cool.gif
  Enjoy yourself.  Make sure you get all of the rules early enough to get the bike preped for the track.
Yep, got that one covered!

Trying to make the call whether to do it, or go to the Fall Bash.
Money being in the supply that it is will not allow that I do both...

(MC MUSTANG @ Aug. 06 2007,19:59) Randy,
That is awesome and if I was still there, I would go with you!
Some of the things to expect:
Safety wire on the oil plug, filler cap and oil filter
disconnect an tape off the turn signals and headlamp (blue painter's tape works well and comes off easilly)
Probably need to swap out your coolant for water wetter

Shin high boots
Leathers that zip together (onesies usually prefered)
Gauntlet gloves

I know there is more, most of the stuff isn't hard - but there will probably be some sort of tech inspection before the track time.

Enjoy!
Dude, if you were still down here, I'd make yas go with!!

Still not sure whether or not to do the thing, its gonna be a pricey deal for one day and I would have no idea what the heck I'm doing - I have never ridden any type of motor vehicle on anything but a public type road...
Was hoping someone here had done either this class or something similar to it.

Got the list of bike mods, think I have that one covered and I actually have the gear so that part is good to go.

Dunno, still on the fence.

(Smoke_Dog @ Aug. 06 2007,18:18) I live 15 minutes from the Jennings track, good luck.
I dont think I'll make the classes there.

He only has dates that conflict with other things.

The Jennings track looks pretty 'down home', maybe informal is a better word. The pics made it look a little less restrictive than a place like Barber.

Ever ridden it?

Any school you attend, you will learn alot. I have never been to a track school, but I really want too.

keep in mind, if you just want to try a track day, you can ride the 1st 2 sessions with NESBA for free with minimal bike prep.

Back