ecu flash

GP2001

Registered
Just got 09 except fot exhaust its stock. Anybody, whats ecu flash cost and is it worth it. Love the power I m not a racer tbough. 48 yrs riding 30 of them harley , this outstanding machine.

A couple of the sponsors here do re-flashes. I had mine done at MPS in Casselberry, FL. It was a 'while you wait' sort of deal.
Was it worth it? YES. It was like a different bike on the way home, More go in every gear. Although I will (probably) never go as fast as the motorcycle is capable of on the highway,
I want to be the one to choose, not some programmer or politician.

Yes ECU reflashes are the way to go with Busas. I know quite a lot of people who have hadissues with their Power Commanders going retarded on them. The reflash gives you full potential of the bike. The gen 2s you can have the modes programmed to your expectations. Find a real company that does them. Do your research.

Boosted all you need is the stock ecu if I m understanding all. What does it actually do for the bike. Just pull it out and send to you. And return shipping cost.

Yep, just the ecu.

The factory pull ignition timing to keep the power down in gears 1-4. The Reflash gives you full timing in the lower gears, that's where the gains are felt with a Reflash.

Along with removing the top speed limiter, we also adjust the cooling fans to come on sooner, and adjust the secondary theottle blades to make the bike respond a bit better.

Get a wideband and a flashing unit and do it yourself. Flashing isnt a set it and forget it unless you are ok with slightly off tuned performance.

Not only that. The flash will not be unique to your bikes AFR. It maybbe close but NO

The flash by mail does not touch the air/fuel.

It removes the fuel soft cut(conservative rev limiter), and ups the redline around 600 rpms.
Can change the fans on/off temp.
Removes the 1st through 4th lower timing restrictions, as well as top speed limiter.
Will adjust secondary throttle plates to open at most efficiant rate, and use all fuel that is already available, and this is gen2 only.

The flash by mail does not touch the air/fuel.

It removes the fuel soft cut(conservative rev limiter), and ups the redline around 600 rpms.
Can change the fans on/off temp.
Removes the 1st through 4th lower timing restrictions, as well as top speed limiter.
Will adjust secondary throttle plates to open at most efficiant rate, and use all fuel that is already available, and this is gen2 only.
Seems like a waste without leaning out the AFR across almost the entire Tps rpm range.

Back