Ecu Editor Nitrous Control

sjg34

Registered
What is the purpose of the solenoid duty hz? My nitrous solenoid has frequency response of 15-50hz. Should I change to solenoid duty cycle in ecueditor to fall within that range?
Does anyone have any suggestions for the ramp in times? My bike is fairly short so I am planning on starting the nitrous when it hits second gear? Do I need to pull timing on a 40 shot?

duty cycle.JPG

The higher you can set the Hz the smoother the nitrous when you progress it to 100%. However, unless you are running one of Trevor's (Wizard of NOS) solenoids, all the others have a difficult time at 50 Hz; I would set it at 30 or 35.

Ramp Times are somewhat based on gearing and what you are doing with the bike and how much you are spraying.

Since you have the ability to do it, I would pull 2 degrees unless you are running C16.

Well the highest ECU editor will go is 25hz, so I guess I will use that. It is a 13.25:1 piston kit what octane should a run pulling 2 degrees timing?
I will start with 30 HP but I might go as high as 60

Last edited:
You will be fine with 92/93 Octane with 2 degrees pulled. Change out your plugs, if you haven't to copper core plug. Gen 2? Raise your rev limiter so you won't bounce into it, not good on a Gen 2 and nitrous.

I can get 91 here at the pump anything higher is race fuel. I did chenge the plugs to one step colder but they are irridiums. Will that be OK?
It is a gen 2
Right now the rev limiter is 200 RPM higher than the nitrous upper rpm limit and 500 above my auto shift. Is that too close?

Is the percent fuel to add linear to the nitrous duty %?
As and example if I need to add 12% fuel at 100% duty would I add 40% of 12% at a 40% (4.8%) duty?

Is the percent fuel to add linear to the nitrous duty %?
As and example if I need to add 12% fuel at 100% duty would I add 40% of 12% at a 40% (4.8%) duty?

Yes. I add 17% for 40 hp which is a bit rich but works fine. I would add 8% (about half) for a 50% duty cycle. Keep in mind some solenoids don't really do much outside of 25%-80%. In other words at 80% you are essentially full open and they aren't reliable below a minimum threshold of 25%.

Something else to consider is the frequency that your relay can handle. Maybe it isn't an issue but might be worth investigating.

I set the nitrous off rpm 200 under the rev limiter.

I run NGK CR9E plugs in a Gen2 with or without nitrous.

Is there a way to verify the frequency of the relay? Should I just rip the harness apart and put in my own relay with known values?

You bought a harness? Didn't need to do that! Honestly I don't know what typical response is for the usual ice-cube relay. It may be a non-issue, but I'd want to verify it. I've always used the default 10 Hz when using the progressive feature in ECU editor. Depending on the length of line and the placement of the jet I'm not sure the frequency even matters. A longer line after the solenoid delays the hit of the nitrous. I've seen lines long enough after a jet (mounted at the solenoid) that it takes a full second for the nitrous to reach full ultimate pressure at the throttle body. I can't imagine that with this much hose length the individual pulses of 10/second can even be detected. I may be wrong; just my thoughts.

I would think you could try whatever frequency you want and then try 30% and 100% duty % and make sure you can see the difference. Not very scientific I know, but you would be able to tell if it wasn't making a difference at all. I would expect you to be at 100% in second gear so we are splitting hairs over a very short time with NOS on in first gear.

Yes I bought the harness did it at the same time I bought the shifter harness.
Should the pair valve be disabled or enabled in ECU editor?

Disable PAIR.

The shifter harness is super simple if you use the other mode input to trigger it. Honestly just three wires.

I am trying to test the circuit using a led at the solenoid connection and pushing the DMS up button and no voltage. Should I get voltage with the motor not running when I am in a nitrous enable gear?

since i am pretty much doing the same. ordered the nitrous harness do i have to order a pair block off kit as well?

Back