Dyno vs. turbobusa

turbored

Registered
took my bike last nite to appleton to get it finally dialed in. i was running a 7.25 # spring, c-14 and 93 blend, and a fresh oil change.

bike was running nice. initial pull was 230 hp with a new map and the shinko 003 tire taking a bit of hp. some spots were really rich at 10-1 a/f and some really lean. it was as high as 15.6-1 under load. when we were almost done tuning it. the damn headgasket went out at about 9900 rpms, a bit over 6# boost and full throttle at 11.6-1

coolant pissed all over the dyno  and and we shut it off. so now it sits in appleton, waiting for a headgasket, hopefully not pistons too

so i'm out of commission for a few weeks pending parts.

<!--EDIT|turbored
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150843541 -->

that sucks d00d. coulda detonated with that lean condition a couple places and blew that baby out. good luck on the rebuild.

sorry to hear that ... damn... but things like this can happen and did. Hopefully you can get it all fixed up with just a new head gasket.

sad.gif
sorry to hear that...good luck

sad.gif
But at least your close to some really good Beer and Cheese places to console you
tounge.gif

took my bike last nite to appleton to get it finally dialed in. i was running a 7.25 # spring, c-14 and 93 blend, and a fresh oil change.

bike was running nice. initial pull was 230 hp with a new map and the shinko 003 tire taking a bit of hp. some spots were really rich at 10-1 a/f and some really lean. it was as high as 15.6-1 under load. when we were almost done tuning it. the damn headgasket went out at about 9900 rpms, a bit over 6# boost and full throttle at 11.6-1

coolant pissed all over the dyno  and and we shut it off. so now it sits in appleton, waiting for a headgasket, hopefully not pistons too

so i'm out of commission for a few weeks pending parts.
Who's your tuner.....Jaimie at Fuel Moto?

Good thing it happened there and not out on the street at speed... Antifreeze stucks to ride in...Good Luck getting her back together..

Do they have o-ringed head gastkets out for Busa's?

Back