Dyno runs on oxygenated (MTBE) gasoline

OB_c.dolan

Registered
Motorhead is pretty much on the money, on jetting. Have 10 % alky, at local station. Bike likes 1 or 2 jet sizes, richer, than unmolested, or race gas. If jetted for it, bike runs well. Oxy sensor on FI, may compensate for. Have done jetting comparisons, most recently, with 98 ZX-9. 99 R-1, and 99 HD FXD. Busa, with PC II, likes 1 notch leaner, in 1/4 mile, than it would on dyno.

not thhe busas injecyion.its a speed density system without an02 sensor and doesnt know whats going on outside its maps.it will compensate for temp. and altitude through the air temp. sensor and the map sensor but has it's limits beyond this scope of variables.

I just bought a used 996 from a shop with a Dyno. part of the deal is a Dyno run. I will also bring my 'Busa (Stock w/ airbox mod) for a run also to get a base line prior to fitting Akrapovic, PC II, K&N filter.

The 'Busa and 996 both have oxygenated gas as in NJ it is added to gasoline at the stations from October through April. I have had some problems with this gas with high performance engines before & suspect it leads to lower HP. Definately runs leaner.

I believe it may make sense to set up a map for MTBE gas and one for regular gas.

Does anyone have direct experience dynoing on MTBE gas vs "normal" gas?

if its around a 10% mix I'd fatten it up about 5% and don't leave it in tank over 6 weeks or so or the ether bonding agent evaperates and the alc. and gas seperate causing you tou run on the alc.only and you'll be lean as hell.

JonnyB,
In regards to oxygenated gas for New Jersey you sould possibly check your sources. This is to be the first year that they are not using it. Also being a resident of NJ I called My local Sunoco station and they confirmed my thoughts
P.S. I hope I'am right Thanks Mikel

Last time i filled up I saw a sticker that said "This gas contains MTBE" but it did look pretty old. maybe they just didn't take it off. I do hpoe they don't use it any more.

Back