Droid x

euroR

Registered
ok whos going to get one. I have the Droid and I got it like a month ago, but now Droid X will come out tomorow so I have to trade up, I cant wait.

On my 3rd Droid in 5 months???. Already was offered an early upgrade so I am waiting to see how the Droid 2 shapes up against the Droid X:thumbsup:. Smaller screen and different GPU but from what I understand its mainly the differences for the camera and HDMI output.

1GHZ processor, 8MP Video Capture + all the goodies that I need for work......I don't know if I can pass this up.

But $599??? I just upgraded to my new Tour last year, not sure I'll get much of a deal.

I'd like to get one but I'm stuck with AT&T for work. I do have an iPhone, but they haven't rolled out the new iPhone 4's to us because of the antenna issues. (I work at a hospital so being able to get reached is critical!)

I have a Moto Droid and I proclaim it's virtues everywhere I go, especially as a music & navigation device for motorcycling. I've been in the tech industry for 20+ years and I think it's the most incredible piece of technology I have ever seen, they can keep the iPhony.

I'm in tight with the Verizon rep and he let me play with the Droid X for a while the other day. It's blazing fast compared to my Moto Droid and the screen is comfortably bigger. I'd swap in a heartbeat given the option but for one thing... I use the slide out keyboard on the Moto Droid when I'm running remote desktop sessions and I don't want to give up precious screen real estate to an onscreen keyboard :unhappy:

Now in another month, the Moto Droid II is due out, but it looks to be just a revised version of the Moto Droid I... so many choices!

You may find the early upgrade options listed in here intresting.

Last edited:
I just got a new Evo 4g as my work phone and it is awesome. I haven't had one problem out of it and the battery lasts all day and then some. It can be a wifi hotspot as well, so I can be about anywhere and have internet on my laptop.

I can tell you it made me want to switch from the iphone to it as a personal phone. I haven't yet, just haven't had time, but probably will.

I want one but the fact that its boot loader is locked just kills it for me. What a douche move by Motorola.

Its nice, Im gonna go with the incredible intead, I already have the evo so screen size isnt a problem.

Back