DRAGRACING

OB_MDBusa

Registered
Has anyone drag raced their Busa this year, if so what king of et's. 60ft,1/8 mile, mph. mph. What mods do you have? What's your weight?

This forum and WWW.LABUSAS.ORG are littered with drag times and info. Look around. RobBase runs at Capital Raceway Bowie MD.

I see you're from Maryland.
Want to talk Busa's and have a good meal? You're welcome to join us at the "Cozy Inn" in Thurmont MD 10:00 AM Apr 16. It's just off Rt 15 about 10 miles north of Frederick MD. Come hungry, it's an all-you-can-eat deal.

Busadan, I assume you and Larry had a big time riding today, boy was it a nice day or what? Are we ready to go to LA this weekend? IDBA Nationals-Shreveport,LA-Everybody come on out and let's play.

I'm in MD too Lyle and frequent Capitol Raceway with my Supra. I may try and join you guys with my R1 since the Busa is still on the operating table. Hell, I'd be willing to make a quarter mile blast with the R1 vs. your Busa if you'd like...

Why yes we did, have a good time. I met Redelk a minute ago. He was taking his 12 home. Everthing is fine in the world now. Everyone (everyone I know anyway) now have their new bikes. I don't know if ET will be ready for the strip or not. I think Larry is gonna take his nine to the track this weekend. Does'nt seem to be very much interest in this subject does there? I posted "IDBA" on both Haybusa.org and labusas.org and so far only one reply. Is anyone going or will we have the track to ourselves.

IDBA just doesn`t draw like it used too...thats sad...Rockingham did not have great reviews either...around 10-15 years ago Tony had the bike drag racing world in his hand but fumbled the ball big time...it was his way or nothing....

My friends and I will be going to Shreveport this week-end for the IDBA event. One Busa, one ZX12, one Bandit, and two early model GSXRs, one of which is VERY BADDDDD. I will post the results next week. Shreveport is a very quick track. For some reason I can usually run about a tenth and a half quicker there than anywhere else.
Busadan

Just came back from my local track and watched a buddy on his 2000 Busa, strapped in front only, flapper valve removed:

1.72 60 ft.
9.85 best e.t.
145 best mph
Bike has 600 miles and this was his first outing at the track with this bike, he previously owned a SRAD 750 and ran that to 10.24 e.t. He probably weighs about 170lbs. in gear and is a good drag racer but no pro.

News Flash...
ET to land in Shreveport tomorrow night. Military intervention is not expected to be required. It is believed the Busaguard may be able to handle the alien being . For the sake of the civilized world I pray it so. Updates to come. Stay Tuned

I know what you mean cbxchris. Prostar now rules. Prostar is TOO big. There races are always behind schedule. And if there is a problem you know who gets the shaft. Street ET. I know the guys on dragbikes don't like street bikes anyway. They need to think about where the new dragbike guys will come from. I would bet all of them rode a streetbike the first time they went to the dragstrip. I think they are jealous of the fact that the Street Bike Shootout is now one of the biggest draws to the events. When the streetbike guys come to the line everything in the pits stops and all attention is on the track. I mean it is impressive to see a streetbike run an 8.0@180mph. Death to Wheelie bars and slicks

Prostar is definitely marketed better than IDBA. I still am a member in IDBA, but haven't joined Prostar YET. I like underdogs...

Busadan, shame on you, some of us vomit at the sight of slipping clutches and feathering throttles on hipo rockets. Install the traction, the bars, and turn them loose. Full throttle launches, ground pounding action is where its at.

The funny part is most the time the streetbikes just kill the slick and bar bikes. I love to see slick and bar bikes go out there and run 8's and 9's when the streetbikes are doing the same!

Where can I get info on the Shreveport meet. Live about 3 hours away and plan to be there Sunday. Need race schedule and track location.

Thanks

GP

Mystic, not sure if you're serious or not. The 60ft reference is a timed measurement of the 1st 60 ft to see how well the bike leaves the starting line. Improvments in this area are usually multiplied by the end of the 1/4 mile

Back