dragbike pics

This is the 2 step and ign retard.

Electronics_002.jpg

(Treadlife @ Mar. 30 2007,11:40) hey frisbe, no times yet on the busa dragbike - it's still under construction. The RF900 Turbo has been 8.07 & 172.5 - 27 LBS of boost and spinning.......I normally bracket raced it with 12 to 15 LBS boost which was good for 8.60's or so.....
nice project bro but i hope you get better times out of it then 8.60,my bike runs low 8's with just a progressive dry shot and some other small mods (small compared to what you are doing)

goodluck,cant wait to see the finished product

thanks devldog. the 8.60's were on a 1996 RF900 turbo with modest boost. The new Busa turbo will go 8.60's running on three cylinders! ha! If everything is right the new bike will be in the mid 7's.

(Treadlife @ Apr. 01 2007,00:12) the chassis was a cadillac up to around 160, above that was pretty fun.
wow.gif
ahhh spinworld i see. lol

you live around orlando? im at the track at least once a month. been too hot for full leathers though lately.

Sweet project! I am a newbie to the world of mtcy, but based on my pastlife with cars I could see myself winding up where you are now. How fast are you trying to go? Love the fuel cell, that's unique.

Thanks WebHead! I need to get some current pics, but this has been a fun project.
It's hard to say just how fast I will go, I need to see how comfortable I am first. I hope to run 7.50's and better eventually. 90% of the time I will be bracket racing with lower boost - maybe somewhere in the 8.40 range.
guns.gif

Thats smart. I used to bracket race a 9.15 turbo car with a dial of 11.20 or so (depends on what the other guy could do). Didn't win a whole lot, but had fun and didn't break many parts tat way. Are you more into brackets than heads up? From the prior part of this string I would have assumed yo just likied hammmering it. Heads up is too much dang $$$$$$$$$$. How repeatable do you think a relatvely stock 05 busa could be?

I usually change my dial in from opponent to opponent also.....it's nice being the fastest bike in the field! I'm 100% into bracket racing. I just like to turn the boost up every now and then when the conditions are good to see what we can do! My last turbo motor lasted for over five years w/o major failure with moderate boost setting most of the time. Your right, it's way too much $$$$$ to go big boost every pass in heads up competition.
WebHead, I think a stock Busa will be extremely consistant as long as your launch is repeatable. When I bracket raced my street bike I wouldn't go for record 60 ft. times and it was very consistant.

I'll post more pics eventually....
beerchug.gif

As soon as the weather clears and i get some seat time, I am off to the dragstip with my newly acquired Busa. I had a turbo supra for 4 years, the last time iwent down a dragstrip i was pushing it, as the track and air were good, not my usual 70% pass and it went critically lean, I think there was some junk in an injector. Melted the hell out of it, The wife (now ex:)) said it goes or she does. Evebtually she was right on both coubts, but havent been down a dragstrip since. Used to have a 1100 Suzuni WC, but it was pretty stock, only made a few passes on it, went 10.35 best. From what I see thebusa should cover that unless I really goof it.

Back