Drag Racing and Insurance?

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
This has arose to me recently since i plan to do some drag racing this summer and have been talking to my insurance agent.

I currently just cover liability on my bikes since to many tickets and full coverage is just to high. But it says on my insurance and most i seen that Drag racing wasn't allowed? so what do you regulars of the drag world do?

Do you just not insure your bike and have another one to ride around with?

Is there insurance you can get that will cover it?

My agent told me that if i got into a wreck that the strip they would probably drop me and I'd be lucky if they would cover it this is if i caused damage to someone else or property?

Is there a insurance to get to cover that?

Do you just do the average well i just won't tell them and hope for the best that nothing happens?

What can a person do if something dose happen?

I know my insurance ask if i have Turbo or Nos on my bike if i say yes then it goes up another 600 bucks and thats just liability but i don't think it's worth it there full coverage mabey for a turbo then it would be covered in a wreck.

Should i just not insure my bike that i plan to race?

What could be the repercussions of this if a wreck happens at the track?

Whats everyones thoughts and opinions on this I'd really like some other insight

Ya, that is a good question. I never thought about that. I to am looking to do some drag racing this year

Same goes for Track days even. You take your Fully Covered bike to a Track, ANY track. Total it? Your done, Insurance will not pay. Well if they find out anyway, and if they don't find out it's insurance fraud, and a felony.

So keep it in mind, Take your baby to the track, crash it? Your not covered, more than likely anyway. Doesn't even have to be a competitive event. Anyway, that's what USAA and Geico had to say... Your results may vary.

Well i think anyone would be an idiot to try and collect off of wrecking there bike at a track thats with full coverage but i'm wondering is if in case you cause damage to someone else equipment or person? Whats the catch then?

Like at the drag strip what happens if outta the line i accedent ver over and Hit the car or bike in the other lane? who or what insurance is there then? or even on a track day?

I figured if i wreck my bike i just fix it myself anyways unless it's really bad thats kinda why i don't even spend the extra on full coverage even when it was cheaper for me

nvr thought about that is state farm that way too?

You crash at the track you own it! Someone crashes into you at the track you own it!! When you go to the track and run your bike you have to sign a release to run ...The release states if you crash you own it..Don't cry, it will not help ..Lee.

Oh and if you Run over someone else??? Total their shid? Hell, that's just racing...
laugh.gif

2fast4u2C on the other hayabusa site said that progressive covers him here is the link to the post on the other site there was plenty of good info brought up there

Hmm thought i would rezarect this thread for some of the new guys thinking of racing this new season.

Sorry the link above no longer works But it was stated that Progressive would still cover his bike since he was up front and forward about it but he paid extra for the insurance of course

Anyone else have any new insight on this mabey?

there is no special inc. company out there that will cover you guys? cause im looking to race this season too.

Back