Double clutching

IG.

Registered
I watched a documentary about how they make Bugati Veyron on one of those either History Channel or similar. What impressed me the most was the double transmission with dual clutch system - one clutch per tranny. So, when the gears need to be switched the transmission that's free at that moment switches the gears, and its clutch is disengaged of course. The actual shift boils down to releasing the clutch on the currently engaged tranny while at the same time engaging the clutch on another tranny - instant switch occurs - done by electronics. I know that it's not very practical for a bike, but the concept is great.

Yeah, I know you mechanical geeks knew about this since you were 4 years old, and I recall even a Seinfeld Episode had Cramer driving a truck where he had to double clutch. But still...

Double clutching a truck is different because those types of transmissions don't have syncronisers for the gears. Veyron stuff is cool though, and complicated. 10 radiators:laugh:only a Volkswagon

Back