DOT Approved fender eliminator/undertail

ajblbv

Donating Member
Registered
Okay, so I have been through about half of the threads on this topic, and cannot seem to find what I am looking for.

I know there are a handful of different undertail/fender elminator kits. Do these terms mean the same thing? If not, what is their exact difference.

Also, are any of the Gen Is DOT approved? Right now I have the clear alternatives integrated, but it will not pass inspection since I have no other turn signals and it is not DOT approved. I would like to avoid having to put turn signals back on that stick out, I like the clean look.

I have found some LED ones that are DOT approved, but are no longer made :banghead:

Even harder apparently is finding one for a 99 copper.

Search is frustrating because when you type in DOT, it just pulls up non DOT approved ones.....so links are also welcome that I might be missing.

DOT I think one of the requirements is that they be ugly an hanging way off the bike :laugh: subscribed an :bump: for ya good luck

You do have rear blinkers though..right. They are just integrated?

I dont see why it wold matter where they are as long as you have them. I have seen a bike pass with LED's used where the plastic push pins go on the under side of the tail an nothing else but the brake light.

The issue is more that the lens does not say DOT approved. I just do not want a stupid ticket for something I can avoid. Worst case I suppose is going back to stockers. Any other input?

Back