dont try this at home, or...

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
so i decided to go for a spin down port, have a cawffee and maybe catch up with some buds at the local art gallery...

as i'm looking for parking i start to smell something burning, like electrical wires, or plastic...i decide to just pick the closest spot instead of a prime one down main street. as i shut off the bike i see a stream of smoke coming from under my guages...i call my good bud Mike and he's on his way [man what a guy!] in the meantime i start taking off my fairing under the nose...i notice...something melted the plastic under the headlight housing...i'm thinking mannnn my HID ballast... i remove the under nose fairing and look what happened...had to take a pic with the camera phone. whew what a relief! happened when i was doing my stabilizer mod. make sure everything is in order under there fellas.

Image044.jpg

when i did the stabilizer mod i must have loosened the bulb. it worked its way out and was laying on the plastic.

Your one luck dude man I would have been crap'n kittens if i had smelled something burning like that glad everything is OK would have suxed if those newly painted plastics would have gotten messed up.

Did that happen on the 300 bike? I thought you had sold that one.....

They must come out real easy, mine came out when I replaced my front fairing stay. When I started it up I heard something ratling around in the nose, and when I looked under the bars to see if I could see anything (did not want to have to take the front end off again !!) it was just as bright as could be in there, so I knew what it was.

i was freakin' when i smelled something burning, you know that "electrical fire" smell...i was happy to find what it was and how soon, any longer and it could've ignited or burnt through some wiring...

these are my new plastics, all they need is a scuffing and they're ready for airbrushing my next paintjob. gotta tell ya though as much as i like the Matrix...Batman and Iron Man are coming out next year and i dig them too...hmm...i have until it gets too cold to ride to decide...

Back