Donations - a discussion about accountability

Amen to that. And as far as my balz go....I know where they are. My wife keeps em in a jar in her makeup drawer. I get to use em sometimes on rides. Sometimes.

(brendanp @ Feb. 03 2007,15:00) I have given to people on this board that have personally thanked me with a PM. And that to me is the LEAST someone can do in the need of help,wether it be cash or a part for their bike!

Me,I could never,and would never accept any kind of cash donation of any sort... regardless of the situation. 1st,my pride is waayyy to high for that,and 2nd,I would feel obligated in some way.
If for any reason i fell so far behind that it was inevitable to accept such donation,it would be an absolute neccasity(sp?) to personally thank each and every member.
And then for some reason,if I got back on my feet,the last thing I would do is to be posting how I just bought a new Vette or some dumb thing like that,because this is how we get to topics like this in the first place.
but this is just me,so dont eva take my word for it!!!!
I'm with ya brother.... everytime I get a donation in I worry that the person that is sending in the donation feels some sort of pressure to donate. In the back of my mind I always wonder what I can do to pay them back. On top of that I ALWAYS worry about the perception that I am hmmm how was it worded here when I opened the auction site "A greedy bastard" yeah that was the one... I try to keep my personal and website finances seperate. I promise you that over the last 7 years I have moved more personal finances to the site then the other way around. I try to keep my personal life out of the post because new members will think that I am asking for donations to keep the site alive and then I go buy my kid a nice dirtbike..... It's something that I struggle with here every single day.... Sometimes we make a little over the needs for the month but we have a software upgrade to make or something like that.....

If anyone here ever has any questions about the raffle or things like that just let me know... There is always more to the story...

cap

I donate in part because I have saved a lot of $$ based on info that I found out here on the board. The other part is I have met a lot of really cool and fun people here which I am proud to call friends. IF the board goes away, then my link to some of those folks, that I may only see once a year, goes away as well.

Don

Back