Does slip-ons have to be mapped?

REV.3:11

Registered
I don't know, my 03'didn't. Not one proplem in 5 years with 28,180 miles on her. I am more of a long distance rider just want a little noise on my 08'. I know you all know, help me out before I slip them on.
"TO MAP OR NOT TO MAP"

Search the forum... There are a few long threads about this. Some say yes some say no? No Map for me...

Yosh R-77 CF slip-on's (baffle removed). No remap, seems to run fine, No dead spots or anything.

I wouldnt re map for slipons.Your bike will correct the air fuel to 14.5% air fuel with the slipons which will get you great fuel mileage.If you were going with a full system,I would re map for maximum performance using a power commander and a good dynotuner.

08 with slip-ons probably would not benifit much from being re mapped with a power comander.The stock ECU seems to do a pretty good job on its own even with some of the full 4 into 1 systems.A PC and tune my get another hp or 2 but probably isn't absolutly nessessary unless you have a real open,short,or large diameter pipe that really flows some fumes at which point the stock ECU may not be enough.But just slip-ons....I think the stock ECU & O2 sensor can handle that fine.

Unless you have tons of money, spend it on something else instead of a PC and dyno-tune for your slip-ons.  The small gain you get from it just isn't worth the money.

Not required, but it would help...because stock bikes are usually on the lean side.

Mine is a 4-1 but it seems to do all right with no remap.

--Wag--

Mine is a 4-1 but it seems to do all right with no remap.

--Wag--
+1
thumb_up.gif

I run the stock 02 sensor on a Alien Head exhaust, and the bike runs perfect. The Air Fuel ratio guage is eratic below 4500 RPMs. As soon as you cross the 4500 mark, every thing is rock steady. if you give it more gas, it will run rich until the speed catches up to the throttle amount, if you let off the throttle, it goes lean. but in answer to your quetion, I think it will correct, and you will not have any problems
cool.gif

Back