• No, it stinks

Votes: 53 60.2%
  • Yes, there's nothing better

Votes: 35 39.8%

• Total voters
Diesel and race gas :thumbsup:

It disturbs me though that WE have something in common :poke:

hahahaha now, is that so bad?

Seems like those that dislike Diesel were exposed to it for very long times.
I guess "There's nothing better" was too strong a wording, because we all kow many things that smell better.... but in the context of GOOD smelling polution, diesel rocks.

It must be a chemical/brain thing: diesel smell into nose into brain, brain says I enjoy it. weird

I'm remembering something from highschool chemistry about a group of aromatic carbon something something...

well the ol' brain just served up a blast from the past, chemistry addled years though they were.

Aromatic hydrocarbons yup. That's what they are and why they would smell good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Paramedic for 15 years,, the smell of diesel feels like home to me.. As in I know if i have the patient with me and I can smell the diesel fumes I am in my element...

Now when i went ot thr flight side of EMS,, what ever the put in the bird ot run the turbines gave me chills every time I got a whiff

i like the smell of unburnt diesel, all different types of race gas, alky, methenol... and the 2-stroke engines with the right additives. but the most recent new scent i enjoy is JP8 being burnt through a turbine engine :thumbsup:

Yeah I dont remember what Big Diesel smelled like at the bash..???beer????:laugh::laugh::moon:

no....it reminds me of work

I was going to say the same about diesel. It reminds me of a couple jobs I had that I had to be up really early and as we fired up the armored vehicles for a armored car service I worked for the beautiful dew smells of morning were replaced with nasty diesel fumes and that meant it was time to go. Worked for a company that had trucks that ran on propane and that job really sucked so hate that smell too.

But high octane gas is awesome!!! So is Nitro!!!

Oh c-mon now, yur telling me you never let one fly and thought to yourself ,

"Huh thats kind of sweet smellin":whistle:

well... now that I think about it... if I was real honest... I would have to say no. never. not once. hope it never happens.

MY GOD, MAN! What do you eat anyway? :laugh:

American fumes? Or those of a 3rd-World country?

Anyway, I've never met Diesel, so I do not know what he smells like.

:poke:

There was one of those radio advert. law firms today who's speal was.. "If you've contracted lung or throat cancer from breathing diesel fumes on the job, contact us!"
This thread was the first thing in my mind when I heard it.:whistle:

Back